Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic and heterotopic

(8 Posts)
Steph1952 Wed 02-Mar-16 17:31:26

Hi, I've never posted anything before so you have to bere with me. I found out two weeks ago I was 4 weeks pregnant as you can imagine I was extremely happy but something didn't feel right.

A week later I started spotting and I had one big red bleed that's all I can describe it as. I had some pains on my left side but nothing major it just felt like I was getting my period, again I knew this wasn't right.

After a trip to my out of hours doctor he told me it sounded like a miscarriage and to book a scan through my normal surgery which I did for the Monday just gone.

My scan was @1pm and by 3pm I was being rushed into surgery as you can imagine a bit overwhelming. I was told I had an ectopic pregnancy which had ruptured my left tube and they needed to remove it asap, they also told me they could see something in my uterus which could be a pregnancy however that wasn't their main concern my health was.

So I had the surgery stayed overnight came home the next morning still no answers to whether I am pregnant at all, had to go back into hospital this morning for blood tests and more waiting until the morning for answers.

I'm an absolute mess I can't stop crying I need some sort of inspiration if anyone has had any sort of situation similar to myself what happened?

Sidiaro Wed 02-Mar-16 22:26:09

Hi Steph...I'm afraid I cant offer any words of experience...but please do NOT give up hope. Its never over until its over. You have been through a terrible ordeal with the ectopic...and I wish you ALL the very best of luck for the morning. I hope it brings you good news. Please let us know how you get on xx

Steph1952 Wed 02-Mar-16 22:49:47

Hi Sidiaro,
Thank you for your positivity, I am trying to be optimistic and counting down the minutes until I get my results, I'm still quite emotional though so easier said than done. I will post my results in the morning, thank you for your response xx

Pineapple80 Thu 03-Mar-16 04:59:53

You poor thing, I wish I could offer advice but haven't had an ectopic before, although had a missed miscarriage 2 wks ago so I can understand how difficult going through a loss is.

The waiting and having no answers must be so difficult for you. I hope you get some answers very soon. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Xx

DesertOrDessert Thu 03-Mar-16 05:08:07

flowers sorry to hear you've had a rough time.
I can't comment on the heterotopic part, but I have had an ectopic.
Take time to recover, take it easy, grieve for what might have been, but don't fear for the future. Both my kids were concieved (in months 1&2 of TTC) with a single tube. It is not the end of a fertility journey.

I highly recommend heading over to the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust Forums and chatting to some of the ladies there. You may well find some who have been through what your are currently experiencing.

Steph1952 Thu 03-Mar-16 08:25:01

The waiting is awful I have 40 minutes left to wait and it seems like it's taking forever, I'm sorry to hear you ladies have both had a loss sad I really would not wish this on my worst enemy, I feel so blessed to have my 3 year old but feel so bad I can't play or even hug her without being in pain or crying.its so nice to hear you were able to concieve that's been my main concern if this isn't a pregnancy. Thank you both for you help it really is very appreciated xx

Happydappy99 Thu 03-Mar-16 08:27:01

I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 years ago which ruptured. Be gentle with yourself x

Steph1952 Thu 03-Mar-16 10:28:21

Just got my results, my hormone level went from 1200 to 160 they told me to wait another week and do a pregnancy test, no answers to what is actually in my uterus so have to wait around for a week now, none of that was at all what I wanted to hear but hey just wanted to update x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now