Talk

Advanced search

How did you 'mark' your MC?

(10 Posts)
FollowingMrSpoon Sat 27-Feb-16 09:23:13

Firstly hugs and flowers to anyone who has gone or is going through this.
I miscarried last week at 10.5 weeks. It still feels very unreal, I'm either numb or crying at the moment.
DP and we're talking last night and saying we'd like to do something to mark/remember our baby, maybe on the due date. But we're not sure what.
Has anyone done something or got any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks
Xxx

Pacothepidgeon Sat 27-Feb-16 09:31:10

Hugs to you. I lost my baby two weeks ago. We used to look at the week by week development of the baby together each week and liked the way a fruit was used to let you know the size of baby. The nickname raspberry stuck so we decided we are going to grow raspberries in the garden to remember our baby.

chelle792 Sat 27-Feb-16 09:45:01

My husband bought me a ring with her birth stone. I wear it with my wedding ring. Bought ny husband a key ring.

Just thinking about what to do for what would have been my due date. Coming up in couple of weeks

FollowingMrSpoon Sat 27-Feb-16 10:19:03

I love both those ideas Pack and Chelle, so sorry you're going through this too. There was no nickname which had stuck yet for us, but a piece of jewellery with the birthstone would be lovely. Xx

Neeko Sat 27-Feb-16 10:32:27

We let off a heart shaped helium balloon on what would have been my due date and watched it together until it disappeared from view.

Sorry for your loss.

ICJump Sat 27-Feb-16 20:57:42

I didn't mark it at all. I'm sad for the loss of course. Ive taken solace in reminded myself even 50 years ago I wouldn't of know I was even pregnant. For me focusing to hard it made the pain more. I also felt like I did know how many more miscarriage s I might have.
I still have the scan which show no heartbeat but have never looked at it.

MissMedusa Sat 27-Feb-16 21:18:04

Oh Chelle, that's a lovely idea.

Loki17 Sun 28-Feb-16 10:14:55

When I passed everything I chose to bury the remains in a planter in my garden. We chose a bush called 'Winter Sun' which flowers between November and January - the months I knew I was pregnant. DH bought me a garnet ring as that was the birthstone for the month that my baby 'arrived''. My due date is close to DD's birthday so we've chosen to mark the day I miscarried not the due date. I wrapped my scan pictures around my positive pregnancy tests and put them inside a 'make your own' teddy bear. On really shitty days I hug the bear and sob until I feel better. I've found all of the above so helpful and meant that I've been able to move forward without dwelling.

Hj94 Mon 29-Feb-16 22:40:03

I had a miscarriage on the 1st February at 11+5. When I passed everything me and my other half decided to bury it. We buried it at his gran parents memorial place so the baby would be looked after by them. I have a charm of some little feet and my OH has the key to the box we buried our baby in.

FollowingMrSpoon Thu 03-Mar-16 09:49:15

Some lovely ideas, thank you. Definitely planning to get an item of jewellery, probably an eternity ring as my baby will be with me eternally. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now