Pregnant 2 years after mc

(2 Posts)
didona Fri 26-Feb-16 08:49:06

Hi everyone,
I lost one pregnancy 2 years ago in 8 weeks. It was a missed mc and I still hurt thinking about it. I started trying for a baby when I was 28, I am now 34. It's very difficult for me to fall pregnant, for reasons unclear, but I suspect autoimmune problems. I was very excited when I discovered I was pregnant, but then at 8 weeks, the scan showed no hb. I was devastated. I took the pills to speed up the process.
Now finally, after trying every month for the past 2 years I am pregnant again, but I'm far from happy. I would describe my state of mind as sad and worried. My first scan showed hb at 6 weeks and everything seemed ok, including very heavy pregnancy symptoms. But every fluctuation in my pregnancy symptoms is a reason of concern. Every cramp is a tragedy. I can't really think positively no matter how hard I try. My next scan is in 1 week, so I guess I'll see then.

April2013 Wed 02-Mar-16 16:34:54

I'm in a similar boat - my miscarriage was also a missed one at 8 weeks, I think I have managed to tell myself it is something I should have forgotten by now but currently in the middle of a complication, midwives and obstetricians think I am being over the top, I always downplay the miscarriage as they do, but really I think when something bad has happened to you and you have lost a baby it is pretty much impossible to have that attitude that it will all work out fine, I wish I didn't have the fear but I do. I think I need to allow myself to accept that I feel like this because of the miscarriage and that's OK, even if it seems other people think you should be over it already. I am going to cut myself some slack and stop pretending it hasnt changed me because it has. Seeing the heartbeat is a great sign smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now