Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after 4 miscarriages

(2 Posts)
Earlyday Sat 20-Feb-16 16:08:22

My last 4 pregnancies ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks, 10 weeks and two around 6 weeks.

I got a positive pregnancy test and if I am pregnant I should be about 7 weeks.

I don't feel one bit happy. I'm trying to prepare myself for the scan next Friday. I'm imagining seeing nothing moving on the screen and having to walk out of the hospital and just go home and forget about it.

At least I'll know early enough and won't have to wait until the 12 week scan like I did with one of them.

At one of my scans I saw the baby moving at 8 weeks and the doctor reassured me it was a really good sign - but the next time I went back the baby was gone.

I feel really fed up and have no motivation to get out of bed. DH had to go away for the weekend and took our 2 DCs. I thought I'd have a nice relaxing weekend but instead I've been lying in bed all day looking at my phone - I know this is making me feel worse but I can't seem to motivate myself.

Iggi999 Sat 20-Feb-16 16:16:06

What do you need to do? Your feelings are very understandable, all you can do is tread water till the scan (and then the next one, and the next one). When the dcs are there you put a face on etc, so when you have a chance to be alone why act, just let yourself be. Was any cause found for your other losses? I didn't hope at all when pg again after mc#4. I refused to book a holiday as it would be the week I expected to mc. I didn't tell anyone till my 20 week scan, and still didn't believe even then. He's 3 now. There is hope, but as you know hope can be the cruellest thing. I really hope this one works out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now