Talk

Advanced search

This hurts in a way I never imagined.

(20 Posts)
TuckingFablet Fri 05-Feb-16 15:21:00

Yesterday morning I went to the loo and there was blood. I ignored it because I was clearly imagining it. It was 5.45am, I didn't have my glasses on. It's nothing to worry about.
It was something to worry about. The bleeding continued, bringing cramps along with it.
Took my daughter to toddler group, because I wanted to carry on as normal. The pain intensified.
I got a call from a midwife to arrange my booking in appointment who told me to go to a&e (really universe, you had to do that to me? Thanks a bunch)
After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, with painful interruptions of blood test attempts I was given a scan.
Seeing that empty womb broke my heart into a million pieces. This was happening and I couldn't ignore it anymore.
I was only 6 weeks along, so only early days, but I had known for two weeks and was beginning to get excited about becoming a family of four. Minituck would have a sibling. Now she won't. I don't think I can go through this again, so this is it for me. We will remain a 3.
All that remains is to have another blood test tomorrow morning to confirm it.
Goodbye littlest member of the Tuck family. I won't forget you.

GalwayGal123 Fri 05-Feb-16 15:56:21

I'm sorry for your loss tuck thanks

It's a month today since I miscarried at 6weeks...it's heartbreaking. I hope you have people to look after you through this, take it easy and look after yourself X

Vixxfacee Fri 05-Feb-16 15:58:05

Sorry for the loss of your baby sad
Really sorry. I hope you're being looked after.
It's been 4 years since my miscarriage at 10 weeks. It never stops hurting x

Ginmakesitallok Fri 05-Feb-16 16:02:19

Sorry for your loss. I had 2 mcs before dd2, it really is Shit. Xx

TuckingFablet Fri 05-Feb-16 16:36:17

Thankyou all. I just needed to write it down somewhere. Sort of get it out of my head, you know?

RoTo72 Fri 05-Feb-16 18:17:19

Sorry for your loss. It's a shit place to be flowers

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Fri 05-Feb-16 19:14:47

I'm sorry too, this happened to me 13 years ago and I was totally unprepared for the devastation I felt. It was my first pregnancy and we did go on to have two children but I will never forget that time.

newyear16 Fri 05-Feb-16 19:21:54

So sorry. flowers People who haven't had a miscarriage will never understand the total misery. A little person has gone forever.

TuckingFablet Fri 05-Feb-16 20:02:48

I'm sorry for all of your losses. It's somethings no one should have to go through. thanks

Imnotaslimjim Fri 05-Feb-16 20:16:04

So sorry you're going through this, its utterly shit

I did it 6 times before I got my wonderful DS. Was so totally soul destrying but I have him and DD now

BeansMrSeanAndHeinz Fri 05-Feb-16 21:55:58

So sorry to hear this tuck hope the blood test goes smoothly tomorrow and you have all the support you need

TuckingFablet Sat 06-Feb-16 08:06:24

Blood test this morning. I just want it to be over sad

flanjabelle Sat 06-Feb-16 08:09:25

So very sorry for your loss. The heartbreak in your words is painful to read. You poor thing. I'm so sorry about your baby, and the future that will never be. You are in my thoughts. flowers

TuckingFablet Sat 06-Feb-16 08:18:21

Thankyou flan

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 06-Feb-16 17:27:16

I hope your blood test went ok Tucking flowers

TuckingFablet Sat 06-Feb-16 17:39:12

Thanks whoknows took a few goes again. They had no one to review it in today so I've got to wait for a phone call tomorrow. Another sleepless night for me it seems.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 06-Feb-16 20:43:24

Were you seen in an EPAU (early pregnancy unit)? It's a long time ago for me now so details are blurred, but that's where my GP sent me and the staff there were kindness itself, I was given contact details afterwards if I needed to talk to anyone, which I didn't do (my occupational health nurse at work was amazing and I turned to her) but it was good to know the service was there.

TuckingFablet Sat 06-Feb-16 21:07:40

Yeah I was. All the staff are lovely there. The doctor who I saw after my scan was the kindest man. Just so gentle and lovely.

TuckingFablet Sun 07-Feb-16 10:52:18

So that's it all confirmed.
Fuck this. I want to go and get drunk but I can't because I have dd to look after.

flanjabelle Sun 07-Feb-16 12:25:19

Oh op I'm so sorry. Every stage of it must be like another stab to the heart. Is there anyone who could have dd so you can ha be a chance to grieve for a while? Getting drunk and crying your heart out won't change anything, but it might be just what you need right now. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now