Talk

Advanced search

Pain, worried about infection.

(4 Posts)
Sallycinnamon17 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:03:46

After my miscarriage on Monday I physically felt OK but developed a temperature on Thursday and just felt genuinely rubbish. I call the woman's unit at the hospital and they made me go in for a check up, after a long wait and blood tests they said they were happy that it was probably just a viral infection. At the time I had no pain or discharge. Since yesterday every time I need a wee I'm feeling an intense pressure pain in my womb and when I do the wee it feels like a sharp stabbing pain around my vagina/bottom area. This lasts until I empty my bladder and for a few minutes afterwards. Is this normal or should I go back to the hospital?. My bleeding is now quite minimal/normal period like and no sign of bad discharge.
Sorry for the long thread.

RoTo72 Sun 31-Jan-16 19:57:15

Hi. I had d&c and noticed exact same pain a few days after. I phoned epu and they said it was my bladder pressing in my uterus and that the uterus would be contracting down to its usual size. I was to look out for a foul smelling discharge r temperature as they would be signs of infection. If ur not happy tho, get it checked out

Sallycinnamon17 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:33:46

Thanks for posting roto72, the doctor was very helpful this morning. They seem to think it's most likely a urine infection but have prescribed antibiotics that will cover a uterine infection too if that is the case. They'd rather be over cautious than not.

RoTo72 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:07:34

uv def done the right thing then. Luckily u didn't ignore signs then x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now