Talk

Advanced search

Missed misscarriage pain

(10 Posts)
Pipo1704 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:35:02

I have had a missed miscarriage baby stopped growing around 6 weeks. Took the first pill Monday, with the expectation of coming into hospital Wednesday for the next 3 pills. Only the pain has got unbarable.
I'm in hospital overnight. I've barely started bleeding at all yet the pain comes in waves & is serious agony.
I'm concerned if I don't start bleeding will they still give me the three follow up pills? I just want this over with now. I really can't take the pain at all.
Will it ease once I start passing (wishful thinking?)

Pipo1704 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:37:31

I probably would have opted for surgery. But they don't allow it at this hospital until all other measures have taken place

Cirsium Tue 19-Jan-16 23:44:59

Sorry, no advice - I miscarried while waiting for confirmation scan after discovering mmc at 12 week scan - but wanted to say sorry for your loss and that you are having so much pain. I did find the pain built for about 6 hours before I passed... then eased a bit to period pain levels on and off while the lining passed. If you are in hospital can you ask one of the nurses for more information and some pain relief.

bumpertobumper Tue 19-Jan-16 23:46:07

flowers sorry about your mmc.
I have had 2 mc, the second one the pain did ease once I was bleeding /passing so I hope for your sake that things will start moving and be less painful during the night. Have they offered or given you any pain relief? Ask for more!
I don't have experience of the pills, but would suggest that if things aren't progressing try asking them to give you an eprc.
It is such a horrible, sad thing to be going through.
Good luck tonight. And take care of yourself in the coming days and weeks.
Hugs

Cirsium Tue 19-Jan-16 23:48:50

I only bled a little in those six hours, then passed the baby (6/7weeks still in sac, sorry if that's tmi) very quickly, bled heavily for a few hours, then like a period for a week.

Pipo1704 Wed 20-Jan-16 06:35:15

Thank you all, I (quite stupidity) wasn't expecting this much pain. They'd given me all the pain relief they could. Luckily it managed to subside a little and I got some sleep. The rest will take place today. Just pray it works

Maple14 Wed 20-Jan-16 07:38:55

Hi Pipo1704, hope everything goes ok today. Just wanted to say don't feel silly for not expecting the pain. Everyone is different and responds differently to the pills they use to manage these things. I responded badly to the pills they gave me before my ERPC and was on morphene for 2 hours before the surgery, but others had no pain at all.

So take any pain relief they offer you and try not to worry about things not working.

Cirsium Wed 20-Jan-16 10:07:45

Glad you got some sleep and hope things are better today. I agree with Maple, I didn't know quite what to expect either and none of the information from HCP was useful in that. I think because it will be so different for each woman it is hard for them to cover it in a leaflet, although the nurses at the EPU were very helpful on the phone. I think the emotions involved don't help.

Pipo1704 Wed 20-Jan-16 10:31:50

They've given me the next three pills & some codine. The pain was so bad I asked for more pain relief. They gave me liquid morphine but I've thrown it up instantly due to the pain. I asked for more pain relief but they wouldn't give me any as needed to speak with Dr. This was 8.15 sad

Cirsium Thu 21-Jan-16 09:54:29

Sorry I didn't have a moment to check back in yesterday. Sorry you are having such a bad time with this, really hope they managed to get your pain under control and that you are feeling better, physically at least. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now