Talk

Advanced search

And the waiting continues!

(5 Posts)
Sallycinnamon17 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:21:18

I'm still waiting to misscarry and beginning to get quite frustrated.
It's been a week now since I went into hospital for medical management, I had pessaries inserted vaginally which only caused light cramping. The next morning they gave me a further two tablets orally. A few hours later the cramping started again and I seemed to loose what they say was the mucus plug (brown and jelly like). That evening I had minor spotting when I went to the toilet but that's it! Nothing since!. The odd bit of mild cramping but nothing major.
The hospital yesterday said they wanted me to wait another week to see what happens and have booked me in for a scan on Monday.
Had a missed call from them this evening but by the time I went to call them back the pregnancy assessment unit was closed. So now definitely have no clue what's going on with the whole situation and feel completely out of control.
Has anybody else experienced anything similar?.

Background; found out twins both had no heartbeat at 12 week scan and from measurements were measuring at 11 1/2 to 12 weeks. That was on the 8th Jan.

Apologies for the absolute essay.

Loki17 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:05:54

Mine too two weeks from finding out. Baby had stopped growing 2 and a half weeks before that. If I were you I'd insist on being seen asap. I'm very sorry for your loss flowers

Sallycinnamon17 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:09:40

I'm sorry you're going through this too loki17. It's horrible waiting isn't it. I feel like I just need it to be over now so I can start to recover. I will definitely be ringing them back tomorrow. I'm just so terrified of the thought of surgery.

ktkaye Tue 19-Jan-16 21:19:11

So sorry for your loss op. It's an awful wait, I was in the same situation in November. If it helps at all I was totally terrified of the surgery (but went for it in the end because I couldn't bear the waiting any longer). It really was fine, the IV was very minor discomfort and I was awake again 30 mins later having had what felt like quite a restful sleep after days of anxious insomnia. Afterwards I had what felt like normal period pains. I was devastated that it was really 'the end' but also so relieved the wait was over. I had a few days AF type bleeding and discomfort rather than pain which was manageable with over the counter painkillers. Best of luck, whatever you decide to do I hope it's all over soon for you so you can begin to heal. X

charlotte1990 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:54:49

I would go back also hun I had an Erpc which went as well as it could no problems after just some period pains like mentioned above and slight bleeding a week on. Hope all works out ok. Sorry for your loss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now