Talk

Advanced search

How long should the pain last?

(10 Posts)
AKP79 Mon 04-Jan-16 12:19:41

Hi ladies

I've posted a few times on here to seek advice and the support has been phenomenal.

I had pessaries on Thursday lunchtime for a medically managed miscarriage. Lots of bleeding and craps that afternoon and early evening and then everything stopped. The following evening (Friday) I had more cramps and bleeding, not massively heavy. Again Saturday daytime the pain and bleeding stopped then returned late afternoon and stopped in the night. Yesterday I had incredible pain from 3pm - 9pm with some heavy bleeding which tailed off through the night. Today I started to get painful cramps at about 10am with heavy bleeding and its continuing.

I have been passing clots over the days.

Does this sound normal to everyone? I just don't know what to expect.

iloveberries Mon 04-Jan-16 13:25:40

Hi there - so sorry for your loss 😞
I had a medically managed MMC in June and mine sounds similar to yours. After a lot of very painful cramps I passed the sac and after that the pain eased off. Can you take something for the pain? I used nurofen and hot water bottles (then a large glass of wine at about 6pm!)

I don't think there is a "normal" but it doesn't sound too out of the ordinary from what I read at the time. It's so shit though. Thinking of you

AKP79 Mon 04-Jan-16 13:36:54

Thank you for your message.

I'm allergic to lots of pain relief, so at the moment I'm restricted to paracetamol and a hot water bottle which doesn't seem to be touching the sides. I think I might call my doctor and see if they can prescribe me something.

iloveberries Mon 04-Jan-16 15:01:42

Definitely worth asking....
Sorry you're going through this. It's utterly shite.

Eminado Mon 04-Jan-16 15:09:51

So sorry this is happening.

Agree with PP - my pain ramped up considerably until i passed the baby.

I went back to the EPU as I was in pain, not sure if it was normal etc and I got some codeine.

flowers

AKP79 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:16:47

Hi ladies. Doc called me back and she got me to come in and has prescribed me something else. Just before going I passed a large hard lump of what looks like clotted tissue. The pain has eased a bit since since then. I was 10 weeks when they started me on the pessaries. Don't know what this is that I've passed. Another large clot or baby?? It doesn't look like the sac to me, but then I've never seen one before...

iloveberries Mon 04-Jan-16 17:25:16

Glad you have something for the pain... Think at 10weeks you'd be able to see the baby quite clearly. I could at 7.5 xx

AKP79 Mon 04-Jan-16 18:05:20

Thank you for your support. We've buried what came out just in case it did contain the baby.

Hopefully the pain relief will work, it was a bit of a minefield trying to find something I was allergic to.

iloveberries Mon 04-Jan-16 19:05:20

Take care. I'm going through another one at the moment although 6wks and natural this time so nowhere near as physically painful

AKP79 Mon 04-Jan-16 19:50:33

Oh Iloveberries I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe less physically painful, but I'm sure it's equally if not more painful emotionally to be going through it again. Sending lots of love xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now