Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1st Pregnancy - help needed!

(11 Posts)
bartledub Mon 28-Dec-15 21:32:39

Hello,

First of all let me apologise, I am not a mum.

My partner is pregnant, currently 6 and a half weeks.

Today she has been to the toilet 3 times on each occasion she has wiped a few times and there has been some blood. The blood has been brownish red.

Is this a sign of MC?

bartledub Mon 28-Dec-15 21:43:31

Sorry, I also need to add we are both really upset and the minute but trying to stay positive.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Lbann88 Mon 28-Dec-15 22:20:54

Hey sorry to hear your partner is experiencing this.
Is she cramping or heavy bleeding?
Spotting is pretty common and usually no need for concern. However it is best to get checked out at the early pregnancy unit at your local hospital tomorrow.
I hope all turns out well
Best. Wishes x

JoMalones Mon 28-Dec-15 22:38:37

Hi
As said, spotting is common and brownish colour is normal but definitely worth getting checked and speaking to early pregnancy unit, midwife if you have one already or GP. Good luck

bartledub Mon 28-Dec-15 23:07:28

Hi, thanks for replying.

She has no heavy bleeding, she is wearing a pad but there is no blood on it at present. She has been wearing is since about 5:30pm.

She has been getting mild cramps every now and again since we found our she was pregnant.

Thanks

Shadow1986 Mon 28-Dec-15 23:11:29

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and had brown when I wiped a few times early on. It does happen. I would try and get an early reassurance scan to put your mind at rest. Stay positive it definitely doesn't mean a miscarriage is imminent necessarily.

Shadow1986 Mon 28-Dec-15 23:13:45

also to say cramping is also very common in early pregnancy, similar to period pains.

bartledub Mon 28-Dec-15 23:15:26

Thanks for all your support! If anyone else has anything to add please do.

Kacie123 Mon 28-Dec-15 23:28:35

Lots of women have light bleeds, some have full "period" like bleeds, and they're still ok. A friend of mine recently had bleeding on and off for the first 6 weeks of her (healthy, late) pregnancy.

But yes, you really need to get it checked out by the EPU. If they suspect a miscarriage they might do two blood tests to see how pregnancy levels are rising. They might also do a scan.

It's also a good idea to keep an eye out for any signs of an ectopic pregnancy (give it a quick Google). Not to panic you both as they're relatively rare, but something to know about as I didn't in the early days and had a suspected one.

thanks and stay strong!

Loki17 Mon 28-Dec-15 23:47:45

If you go to A&E tomorrow morning they wi refer you to an epu (early pregnancy unit). The epu will off a scan which might give you some answers.

bartledub Tue 29-Dec-15 09:40:46

We have spoke with the EPU and they have said we need to speak to the gp as they won't take refferal from a and e.

We have an appointment with the gp this morning. She wants to see my partner to double check everything. And have urine tests aswell.

Hopefully all goes well as I know all pregnancy can differ!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now