Talk

Advanced search

Misoprostol/ Cyotec for incomplete MC

(3 Posts)
novemberchild Mon 21-Dec-15 01:54:03

Has anyone taken this? I lost my baby - no hb and sac detached. Lots of blood and clots on Monday and Tuesday last week but scan on Wednesday showed what looked like the sac still inside me, even though the bleeding has got lighter and is now like a medium period.

I don't know how this can be. The sonographer wasn't certain it was the sac - could it just have been blood? I was sure it was over earlier with all the clots.

I can't deal with this any more though, and we have to go abroad on 29th until January. This was an expensive trip home for my husband, and I don't want this to drag on.

Has anyone taken misoprostol for incomplete MC? What happens and how much does it hurt? Also, how would I get prescribed it - by my GP or by the Early Pregnancy Unit?

JoMalones Mon 21-Dec-15 21:25:03

I've had 4 pessary tablets of it tonight. After my ERPC I have been bleeding v heavily. My scan today showed clots and lots of blood so they've given it to me to help. I inserted it myself and had to stay for an hour. I've had some mild cramps (but on painkillers) but otherwise fine but it's only been 3.5hrs.

Sorry to hear of your loss and good luck

JoMalones Mon 21-Dec-15 21:26:06

Sorry, also to say you're probably beat getting it from EPU I would imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now