Talk

Advanced search

What to expect?

(6 Posts)
smellsofelderberries Fri 18-Dec-15 20:57:22

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I had a scan 2w 5d ago because of spotting, scan showed a 5mm gestational sac in the right place. Went for a follow up scan this morning which showed a 10mm gestational sac, yolk sac and 2mm embryo with no fetal pole. I've been bleeding since Wednesday so that, coupled with the nearly no growth in over 2.5 weeks makes me certain this pregnancy is over.

Question is, how long can I expect this bleeding to go on before I actually miscarry? This waiting is really doing my head in right now. I figured I would go back to the EPU in 5 or 6 days if I'm still bleeding but haven't miscarried yet so they can confirm there's no growth and hopefully I can have something to kickstart it. Has anyone had/is currently having a similar experience?

I am upset but I had a bad feeling about this pregnancy so it's not really come as a total surprise, so I would really like to get this over with so I can move on sad

Doublebubblebubble Fri 18-Dec-15 21:06:34

Aw bless your heart x how many weeks are/were you? 10mm is very tiny so is it possible that you could have passed the pregnancy already? Have you had painful cramping?
For me, and it is varies from person to person obviously, and I always have bled heavily for both periods and the two miscarriages I've had bleeding has been about 2 weeks - 1 week very heavy, 1 week light..

smellsofelderberries Fri 18-Dec-15 21:36:17

I'm almost 8 weeks. There's no way I've passed it yet, I've only had light bleeding with no clots. Did your bleeding increase quickly or did it take a few days for things to get going? I'm just finding it hard being in limbo because as far as the EPU is concerned this is still an ongoing pregnancy.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 18-Dec-15 22:36:15

Yes and no. My first miscarriage was fairly early. Was very quick but the pain was bearable. My second mc was at 14 weeks and I was due to have a d&c under general anaesthetic I ended up just having to use gas and air (or whatever they are called now i can never remember e- something) two days after I found out. I was bleeding brown blood. I think the pain started the next evening and I passed the pregnancy at home the morning after that (so the day I was due to go in) because I had passed the baby at home I had to go in and when they "checked" I was still retaining some placental tissue (I have had placenta issues with every pregnancy) and had to have 3 d&cs (dont want to scare you but, well, it wasn't good for me). Have you been told that there is no hope (always have hope) or that the pregnancy has ended?

smellsofelderberries Fri 18-Dec-15 23:07:09

Oh god, poor you, that sounds truly terrible sad I haven't been told there is no hope, but I just don't see how it could be okay with only having had about 4 days worth of growth between scans 2.5 weeks apart, coupled with nearly no symptoms, and spotting which has increased to bleeding (though it's still very light). I would love for everything to be okay, I really would, but I just can't see how any of this can add up to my bringing a baby home in 7 months sad

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. It's such a lonely thing to go through and as lovely as the doctors and midwifes are, they only seem to be giving me false hope right now.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 18-Dec-15 23:38:57

No problem at all smile It is utterly horrible to go through and You are honestly never more vulnerable. Keep having hope. (are you still nauseous/hormonal/bigger boobed etc). If something good is happening when you go for your next appointment, take every day as they come. If something bad has happened (IF) I'm not going to lie, it will suck and you will probably be down for a bit but everything will work out I had my last miscarriage in march 2014 and I am now sat on my sofa, feeding my 9 week old son. He was my 5th and very much last pregnancy (I have a 6 year old DD too and had a stillbirth of twins in 2012) honestly if you're feeling low feel free to pm me I'm always on here xx good night hun. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now