Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to try again straight after a mc?

(4 Posts)
Vap0 Wed 09-Dec-15 09:51:02

Hi

I'm just going through my 2nd mc. 1st time the dr said nothing to stop us trying again immediately. This time dr said we must leave it 1 cycle or my body may expel any product of conception thinking it was still this mc. I have never heard this one before?

I'm not expecting it will happen 1st month anyway but of it did and I had another mc then at least I will have had 3 and they will start to do tests. So I suppose I'm looking at it as a positive whether we have a successful pregnancy or not.

I have an idea my dr told me to wait as I was stoic in my appointment and I have read that dr's will tell people whether to try again depending on their emotional state and perhaps she felt I wasn't dealing with my emotions.

Is the reason she has said true? If so, why do some dr's say it's ok to try again immediately?

Persipan Wed 09-Dec-15 20:09:43

My understanding is that it's a good idea to have one cycle go by before trying, just because otherwise it can be hard to date a pregnancy accurately (since the cycle immediately following a miscarriage can be a bit longer/shorter/generally unpredictable compared to your usual cycle). I think the thinking there is that you'd probably already be (understandably) anxious and that any confusion about your dates could really compound that stress. Other than that, I'm not aware of any reason to wait, though.

Persipan Wed 09-Dec-15 20:10:31

Sorry - I forgot to say how sorry I am for your loss. I hope you're doing OK.

Vap0 Wed 09-Dec-15 20:46:19

Thanks persi I too had only ever heard dating as a reason not to go ahead. With that in mind I have spoken with dp and we are going to crack on this month when I get home. santa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now