Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

99% sure I've miscarried but tests still positive should I have a drink?

(10 Posts)
Vap0 Fri 04-Dec-15 15:52:44

Hi

I started bleeding yesterday morning at 5+4 after having black/brown spotting for 2 weeks and have passed a lot of big clots today. I'm 99% sure I have miscarried but pregnancy tests are still showing a clear positive. Last time the line had disappeared before the miscarriage happened. I'm having a scan on Tuesday to confirm everything but in the mean time I have a weekend of Xmas meet ups and could really do with letting my hair down and having a drink but that bloody positive test is putting me off.

What would you do?

Would you drink or not?

Seabiscotti Fri 04-Dec-15 16:03:25

I really hope that you have not miscarried op. Personally, I wouldn't drink until I knew for sure.

EllieJayJay Sat 05-Dec-15 23:02:20

When I had my MC even after passing rather large clots I was still being given hope baby could be OK, so I wouldn't risk it and I hope and pray it isn't as it is one if the worse thing you can ever go through in my opinion.

I still get positive tests and it's been two weeks now the hormones can stick around

Vap0 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:17:16

Hi
Totally negative hpt today. I did have a drink this weekend. I knew it was all over on Thursday.
Thanks for your replies ladies.
thanks

Seabiscotti Sun 06-Dec-15 13:26:18

I am so sorry Vap0 flowers

EllieJayJay Sun 06-Dec-15 21:06:17

I'm so sorry to hear this, I think sometimes we just know X

Hope your ok

Sineadno2 Sun 06-Dec-15 21:27:17

I had a mc during the week. It was my first pregnancy. At 8 weeks it measured only 6 weeks at the scan. Been off work since Tuesday and feeling fatigued with some cramps. When is safe to go back to work?

Vap0 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:20:27

Hi sineaed
Sorry for your loss. I think it's up to you to decide when you are ready to go back. Don't go back if you're not ready and confident you can manage. Dr's are good at signing you off pretty much for as long as you want in situations like this. I hope you start to feel a little better soon. thanks

Sineadno2 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:43:59

Hi Vap0, thank you. I'll wait to see how I am when I get up. It might be good to be busy and take my mind off things. I guess I need to listen to my body in the end anyways. smile

EllieJayJay Tue 08-Dec-15 23:29:33

Hi Sinead, I also lost my baby when I thought I was 8 weeks (was 6+3)

I am on my third week off as it has been too difficult both physically and emotionally to go back. All I can say is that I am so very sorry for your loss and it is very difficult X go back when it is ready for you to go back your know when it's the right time - I'm starting to find myself again now, time does help heal things xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now