Blighted ovum - what is mc like?

(4 Posts)
Zabzab Fri 04-Dec-15 11:25:39

Hello ladies,
First of all a big hug to anyone on this board, it's not fun being here but so good to be able to share and support each other.
I was wondering if anyone knew if a miscarriage following a blighted ovum (empty gestational sac with no embryo inside) was different? In my mind if nothing has started developing, does it mean there is less to process out?
For me it's the first day of bleeding today at almost 11 weeks, am trying to get mentally ready for what is to come.. Is it delusional to hope for just a really long period type experience ?
Thanks for your thoughts if anyone has any ideas.

Zabzab Fri 04-Dec-15 11:28:49

Ooops, just noticed the thread on anembryotic pregnancy, so think I have the answer to my question..

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 05-Dec-15 14:26:53

I'm really sorry you're going through this. flowers and brew for you.
Just a word of warning not to assume things will be more straightforward than a 'normal' miscarriage. I had an anembryonic pregnancy in August (picked up a couple of days under 11 weeks) and ended up with a bad haemorrhage and an emergency ERPC to stop the bleeding. I really and truly hope it's not the case for you, but be aware that it can happen.
Hope you're holding up ok, be kind to yourself.

Zabzab Sat 05-Dec-15 22:58:01

Thank you FourforYoy, it is indeed good to be prepared.. Sorry you went through this sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now