Talk

Advanced search

advice on bleeding after eprc

(5 Posts)
RoTo72 Sun 29-Nov-15 09:39:25

Hi was wondering if anyone can help. I had an eprc for mmc on Friday. Op went well I had slight bleeding which stopped on Friday night. Saturday night (last night) I started to bleed again. Like an af with period cramps. Still going now. Is ut usual for bleeding to stop and start like this?

SaltySeaBird Sun 29-Nov-15 09:43:42

It was for me. I had the op, didn't bleed that night, then bled for the next three weeks but very lightly so a bit on/off.

flowers

RoTo72 Sun 29-Nov-15 09:53:37

Thank you. Midwife just said I could bleed for 2-3 weeks. Never mentioned it stopping and starting. I downloaded a leaflet from miscarriage association and it did say this can happen.

BeenAndGone Thu 03-Dec-15 23:36:18

I had the same but for me the bleeding was a sign of retained products. If it's getting heavier, go back to the EPU for a scan.

magnificatAnimaMea Fri 04-Dec-15 03:28:21

I found bleeding was almost nonexistent for days, and then started getting much heavier, with cramps, for a few days, then it lightened off again.

Basically if the bleeding is anything above a heavyish period for a few hours (where heavyish doesn't mean "abnormally heavy, changing maternity pad every hour, with flooding, huge clots, exhaustion", it means "changing maternity pad every few hours") then phone up the EPU or go back to A&E. Sitting on the loo for ages bleeding heavily is a straight-back-to-A&E scenario.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now