Talk

Advanced search

something to remember

(10 Posts)
RoTo72 Tue 24-Nov-15 08:14:00

Hi. I'm in a very bad place at the moment. 8 weeks and found out yesterday that I'm miscarrying. As well as being upset frightened and confused, the sense of loss is so overwhelming I need to do something to mark the baby I never held. A keepsake. Id love a small.forget me not tattoo, but I'm not a tattoo person. I know I sound stupid but I wanted something permanent that I couldn't lose. Has anyone any suggestions what I can do?

LittleTink76 Tue 24-Nov-15 09:32:03

Hi RoTo72 I'm so sorry for your loss. I've just lost my second baby at 10 weeks, we'd been TTC a long time too. I got a plant for my baby. My mum has also got me an angel charm. I've even got a special Christmas tree decoration which I've had personlised with 'Our Angel'

Hope you find something suitable.

RoTo72 Tue 24-Nov-15 09:34:57

Thanks * little*, I like the idea of a charm x

Squashybanana Tue 24-Nov-15 09:46:12

When I had my miscarriages a few years ago there was a website called 'La belle Dame' that did miscarriage keepsakes. I got a small forget me not necklace for my lost baby. It is subtle and doesn't invite comment but has for me a special meaning. I just checked and they still operate, I'm sure there are other places that do similar stuff too. I'm sorry you lost your baby x

RoTo72 Tue 24-Nov-15 09:53:37

Thank you Squashy will look it up

RoTo72 Wed 25-Nov-15 18:31:21

Just letting u know Squashy iv ordered a forget me not necklace. Thanks for the suggestion x

Squashybanana Wed 25-Nov-15 20:17:22

I hope it brings you some comfort RoTo x

RoTo72 Wed 25-Nov-15 20:29:51

Thanks flowers

cloudjumper Fri 27-Nov-15 10:19:41

I got an angel wing charm for the babies that I lost. And after my second mc, I bought a lovely rose, which I planted in a pot. Maybe something like that? If you get a flower/tree in a pot, you can take it with you if you move house.

RoTo72 Fri 27-Nov-15 12:03:09

Thanks cloud. Feeling especially vulnerable today. Just home after surgical management. A rose pot is a good idea, even one of the miniature varieties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now