Talk

Advanced search

Periods after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
EmM1980 Wed 18-Nov-15 23:39:29

Hi all,

How long did it take for your period to come after miscarriage? It's been 8 weeks now since I lost my baby by MMC at 11 weeks and no signs of any period arriving. I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative.

I'm starting to worry...

Thanks x

LovesApples Thu 19-Nov-15 14:20:19

It took seven weeks after my first mc at (strangely enough) 7 weeks, but I would have had no idea, other than getting very mild symptoms the morning of AF arriving, but none of the usual other signs of impending flow. My 2nd mc was four weeks ago and I think I might have detected signs of ovulation at the weekend, so in theory that would be five weeks after mc, all being well. My friend waited for over two months (loss at eight weeks) for the first and then almost four months for the 2nd (but had complications, where the mc bleeding wouldn't stop for almost two months). Sorry for the ramble...

Sorry for your loss and all the best with it x

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Thu 19-Nov-15 18:52:36

Four weeks for my period to return. MMC at 10 weeks and no complications after the D&C.
Sorry for your loss.
Have you tested to see if you're ovulating? Ovulation is the most temperamental thing. DS' short bedtime feed was enough to stop me ovulating whereas a friend got pregnant when EBF. We're all different, so maybe your body hasn't quite recovered yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now