Talk

Advanced search

How long after mc until I get a neg pg test

(4 Posts)
Difficultchoice Wed 18-Nov-15 12:03:30

had a mc just over a week ago and a scan co firmed baby had gone. They asked me to do a test in a week. It's been a week and a half but still a positive showing. I'm still bleeding very lightly but was heavy until Friday. How long does hcg last in the system? I was 10 weeks and had a natural mc. Not sure if I should see the gp or wait a week or so now and test again?

waitingforsomething Wed 18-Nov-15 13:07:15

I'm sorry op thanks i miscarried at 7 weeks last year and it took two weeks to get a negative so it may take a while yet.

BeenAndGone Sun 22-Nov-15 10:11:07

Sorry you're going through this. I had a mmc and had surgical management at 11weeks. I had retained products (horrible phase) which passed on their own and I got a negative 2.5 weeks later. My period arrived a week after that.

LittleWhale Tue 24-Nov-15 10:19:32

So sorry you're in this situation. I had surgical management at 12 weeks, but it still took almost 4 weeks to get a negative test. My period was soon after and my cycle was more or less back to normal after that x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now