Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage at 4 weeks..

(10 Posts)
MummyC92 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:53:47

Hi everyone.
I found out we were expecting our second 4 days before my missed period. However this morning I started bleeding and the hospital have confirmed that we have lost the baby.

I am gutted sad it was so early, and although the baby would have been tiny I was so excited for our future!

The doctor told us we can start trying again immediately. At the moment I'm not sure if that's what I want (not sure I want this sadness again!) but if we were to try again would my cycle be roughly the same as how it had been? Would I count today as CD1?

Vap0 Sun 22-Nov-15 18:36:33

Hi c92
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I had a mc at just under 5w in Aug and don't think I ovulated the month after. Do you have any opk's? They will help you to work out what is going on with your cycle as everything may be a bit of a mess from the mc.
I am also terrified today at 4w exactly as started spotting yesterday and today and loads of cramps and pressure. I'm really scared. Did you go to a&e? I don't know what to do. And with it being the weekend there is nobody to call. I don't yet have the contact details for the epu where I live and will try to get the phone number from the dr's tomorrow. I've been desperate to phone them all weekend.
Did they scan you at the hospital?

MummyC92 Sun 22-Nov-15 19:45:06

Hi vap0 thank you for your response! So sorry to hear of your loss sad a lot of the time around 4 weeks it could be implantation? I also have a 4 year old DS and bled three separate times through the pregnancy, he was always healthy!!
I called nhs 111 for advice and they told me to go to A&E. They did a pregnancy test (as I had lost what I can describe as a huge clot) the test came up negative so the Dr said what I had lost would have been the baby/sac etc.
I was told they will only scan if I have any signs of infection as not a lot would be seen on a scan at 4/5 wks.
I would definitely go to the hospital or call your gp in the morning if you are worried. I'm sure it is all fine though, they would understand your worries given a previous miscarriage. Hope everything is okay x

Vap0 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:00:49

Thanks for your advice.
I never thought of calling 111.
I'm a bit crap when at things like this as never get sick and don't like wasting people's time. Even though I know I'm not. When I sit waiting at the dr's I feel like a fraud. I went on Tuesday for an appointment when I had my bfp to get some reassurance for this pregnancy and felt really silly for going.
How are you getting on?
I realised after posting that message that yours was from last week.

MummyC92 Mon 23-Nov-15 14:59:29

111 is great as you just let them know the symptoms and they let you know the best course of action.
Hope you have had some reassuring news by now!

Thank you for asking smile I am doing better in myself but our relationship is suffering after the mc. Defiantly having to put any ttc on hold until we work out how to get through it.
Feel gutted and jealous Everytime I see a pregnant woman or a baby, hope that goes away in time sad

RoTo72 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:39:48

Hi Mummy . 8 weeks today. Had cramping and spotting from last Thursday. Went to epu this morning for scan and they confirmed mc. Thought I was ok, but as the cramping has gotten worse I'm starting to get frightened. Don't know what to expect.

Vap0 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:59:40

I know what you mean about pregnant women. They are everywhere!!!! Today dr said I just have to wait and see what happens. She thinks it is most likely another mc due to the signs being the same as last time and timing being the same. I insisted on blood tests and have been signed off work for this week. So I went to the hospital for a blood test and the women's building is on the way to the area I need to go to and there must have been about 10 or 15 pregnant women! Argh!
I'll remember 111 for future.

When I was in Drs today they had a video on the screen telling people not to be a pest (basically) and by going to the chemist 1st and a&e last. Im sure that kind of message makes me not want to be a time waster. It's a bit mad they play that as the people who waste time will do it no matter what and the people who rarely go are scared off from going.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having a tough time with dp. It is such a stressful time and often doesn't bring out the best in us. I hope you build bridges quickly and don't have to endure this again.

ro sorry to hear about your loss. Did they say if you should let it pass naturally? Did they give you a phone number to call if you had any problems?

RoTo72 Mon 23-Nov-15 17:09:59

Yeah. Have to go back next Monday to check it's away.

MummyC92 Mon 23-Nov-15 20:49:23

Ro I am so very sorry.. Such an awful thing for anyone to go through sad
If at anytime you are worried call the Dr or out of hours service, I was around 5 weeks and the pain didn't get too much more than bad period cramps and a sort of clenching/tightening feeling. I hope your pain isn't too hard to deal with. A few paracetamols and a hot water bottle should help. My doctor said intense pains could be a sign of infection so to call back.

vap0 I have my fingers crossed for you that this isn't another mc, life can be very cruel at times, I took my little boy for his swim lesson and had to watch all the babies and pregnant mumsin the small pool, gutting sad
Exactly! The people that do waste the Drs time are hardly going to watch that and stop doing it, I find 111 really helpful as then I feel reassured if they say to go to a&e or the doctors that they feel it is urgent enough to need that.

RoTo72 Mon 23-Nov-15 21:47:19

I'm in Belfast we don't have a 111 service in N Ireland. Cramping and spotting has eased for now. Iv endemeteosis so kinda used to bad period pain. Found labour with my son easier than I imagined, so hoping I'm.strong enough. (I guess Il have to be)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now