Talk

Advanced search

Concern about baby's grave? (Title amended by MNHQ)

(22 Posts)
happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 22:33:53

i give a birth to stillborn baby after 9months pregnancy, i buried her but they told me the babies after 2years there body decay and they can bury an other dead baby.
i am not sure about this, does anyone knows for how long the 9months of pregnancy baby's body will decay please? i am worried and don't want no one to touch the bones if they are still there.

StealthPolarBear Thu 12-Nov-15 22:35:36

I'm so sorry for your loss.
what they're saying sounds really strange.

StealthPolarBear Thu 12-Nov-15 22:36:52

I'm sorry I know this must be really really hard for you and upsetting but do you mind if I ask mnhq to amend your thread title?

CuffsAndCollar Thu 12-Nov-15 22:38:47

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I don't know the answer to your question but I can understand the worry and thoughts about it. Hugs flowers

Ingles2 Thu 12-Nov-15 22:42:12

I'm so sorry for your loss..flowers flowers
Is your baby buried in the uk? If so I don't think anyone will be disturbing her remains for many many years. Please try not to worry x

SurlyCue Thu 12-Nov-15 22:44:15

I am so sorry for your loss.

Who told you this? Is your baby buried in a church cemetery?

LineyReborn Thu 12-Nov-15 22:47:06

If you are in the UK, your baby will be buried in a small grave and other babies may share what would be an adult space, but each baby will have his or her own separate grave cut

No baby's remains are displaced.

I'm sorry that you have been worried by this flowers

SladeGreen Thu 12-Nov-15 22:47:36

I'm sorry for your loss, OP flowers

I've never heard of this ever happening, surely that is a desecration of a grave? I'm so sorry they have been so insensitive towards you sad

happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 22:48:52

thank you for all, this is happened february 2014, that means in february 2016 an other dead baby will be buried there. it's really hard for me to even think about it. and want to know if this true.
it was normal pregnancy nothing strange left one week for me to give birth, one day i did not feel baby moving, i did not notice the whole day until the night, i was thinking about it all the night, but it never came to my mind my baby will die, i was getting everything ready for her. the next day i went to doctor, they check and it was no heartbeat . they told me they baby died.
its nearly 2 years, i was thinking it ok now i am not very upset like fist months but when the time of an other baby will take my baby's body place, i really can't even think about it. i don't want no one to move her.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Nov-15 22:50:38

Hello OP
hope you're okay - it seems that MNers have some answers here - hope that it can give you some comfort - some other support networks are here
Kindest kindest wishes to you and yours
MNHQ

happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 22:51:26

yes in the UK. I was told by the people who works there. not in church, in grave yard. in east london

ReluctantCamper Thu 12-Nov-15 22:52:31

OP, I am so sorry for your loss flowers

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Nov-15 22:54:08

Just to let you know OP, we have amended your title too, hope you don't mind.
Sending our condolences for your loss too.

LineyReborn Thu 12-Nov-15 22:54:46

happy I'm pretty sure that what they mean is that another small grave will be cut and another baby buried next to your baby.

happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 22:55:01

thank you

happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 22:56:19

hope so LineyReborn , thank you so much

StealthPolarBear Thu 12-Nov-15 22:57:13

Surely that's what they mean. The alternative is unacceptable.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 12-Nov-15 22:57:27

They don't mean they'll remove your baby, OP. Land in graveyards is at a premium in London, so they'll bury another baby next to yours, but they will not share a grave, there is a small margin. They don't do this until at least two years after the burial.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

sleeponeday Thu 12-Nov-15 23:01:05

I'm so very sorry for your loss. flowers

LineyReborn Thu 12-Nov-15 23:12:50

I hope the answers here have helped to put your mind at rest.

happywithit Thu 12-Nov-15 23:58:30

much appreciated to all of you. thank you

AnyFucker Fri 13-Nov-15 06:58:18

Woah. MN at it's best. My best wishes happywithit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: