Talk

Advanced search

Suspected mc at 6 weeks

(3 Posts)
JadeT2 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:25:10

I had light to moderate bleeding yesterday and period like cramps. I was in the hospital having bloods etc. last night with the aim of hopefully having hcg over 1000 so I could have a scan to confirm either way. Unfortunately my hcg was 280 so I'm having repeat tests in 48 hours.

I'm assuming that with levels that low and bleeding and pain that this is definitely a miscarriage? Or chemical pregnancy I suppose. Not sure of the correct term. The digital test I took a week ago measured me at 2-3 weeks so I'm thinking if I'm only 280 now then there's no way.

I work in a busy job and need to be back at work asap - I'm assuming this is not usually possible? How long do most people have off work with a mc this early on? Feeling really weird about it affecting me so much at such an early stage...

Persipan Thu 12-Nov-15 09:59:55

Hello Jade. I'm sorry you're in this situation. Obviously, right now no-one can tell you one way or another what will happen with your pregnancy, and I know that's really scary and frustrating. I am hoping for the best for you.

You asked about getting back to work, so I thought you might find it helpful to hear about my experience. I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago at 5w6d, and physically it was really exactly like having a period. It was maybe slightly heavier than they sometimes are, and it was uncomfortable, but I've actually had worse periods (though, for context, I will say that mine can be pretty bad). I started spotting on the Wednesday and bleeding/cramping on the Thursday, and I took the Friday off (I could have pushed through at work, but I thought a duvet day was fair enough in the circumstances) and continued feeling crampy and a bit sick over the weekend and just lay in bed or on the sofa, and that was about it - I went back to work on the Monday. Obviously, the emotional side can be more significant, though, so I would encourage you to be kind to yourself and take the time you need, if indeed it turns out you are losing this pregnancy.

Best of luck to you, and hugs if you want them.

JadeT2 Thu 12-Nov-15 15:34:22

Thank you very much. I've already started accepting that it won't happen for me this time, but will be good to get the second bloods back tomorrow to know. I will be back to work Sunday morning which I'm hoping will be enough time, but the bleeding hasn't been very heavy yet so I'm concerned it might happen all at once halfway through a shift. Which is not ideal!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: