Talk

Advanced search

Mmc....is it over now?

(5 Posts)
Difficultchoice Mon 09-Nov-15 08:00:17

Had a scan on Thursday which showed a 9 week sac but a 6 week embryo. Was over 9 weeks by my dates. Was told it wasn't looking good and have a scan booked for Thursday to see if any growth etc. however, from Thursday eve I had cramping on and off and some pink bleeding. This gradually - with some starting/ stopping- moved to bright red blood. Last night the cramping got worse but not really painful and I was bleeding bright red blood. I passed something large ish but couldn't bear to look properly. Since then I passed 2 or 3 smaller clots with cramps coming and going...now I am bleeding more like a period. Medium flow and not really cramping at all. Does this sound like the mc has happened? I know some people have much more pain etc so not sure what to think. Now this has started will I still need surgery ?

Quodlibet Mon 09-Nov-15 08:04:55

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I have experienced a missed miscarriage but mine had to be resolved with ERPC so don't have any direct experience of passing a MC naturally and levels of pain etc. It's possible you will escape an ERPC - they'll be able to tell you at the scan next week.

Please look after yourself and take some time off to recover physically and emotionally.

Tootle10 Mon 09-Nov-15 08:26:02

I can share my experience to see if it helps you understand your own. I had a mmc earlier this year - had some brown/red spotting and a scan showed a 8 week embryo but no heartbeat (I should have been 11 weeks). I was booked in for surgery but in the meantime I mc naturally. For me, I had very painful cramping and then passed a lot of blood including clots - the whole thing lasted about 1-2 hours. I then bled very lightly (less than a period for 10 days or so).

I went to the hospital the day after the mc for the pre-op. I had an internal (to check my cervix was closed), blood tests and another scan which showed I had passed everything, so I didn't need the op. I would expect the hospital will advise you when you go back on Thursday, although get back in touch in the meantime if you feel you need/want to.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Look after yourself and take as much time as you need. I conceived again after one cycle and this pregnancy is going well - there's every hope if / when you decide to try again flowers

Difficultchoice Mon 09-Nov-15 08:45:34

Thank you both...it does help to hear othets experiences. I'm scared to go anywhere in case the bleeding gets worse again but I don't think sitting around is

Difficultchoice Mon 09-Nov-15 08:47:28

Oopp too soon-

Moping around is not helping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now