Talk

Advanced search

DH doesn't get it

(3 Posts)
HedwigHouse Fri 23-Oct-15 15:00:53

I had an early miscarriage about a month ago and am really struggling with DH's response. He said he wouldn't have thought of it as a real baby until the 12 week scan and so doesn't really understand why I'm so upset. I think he thinks I totally jumped the gun in being so excited and planning for this baby at such an early stage when it's not unusual for things to go wrong. He's not been very supportive when I've been upset and gone off and sulked when I've got annoyed at his lack of support. I just feel so awful and alone at one of the hardest times in my life when he just doesn't see it as a baby lost at all. Has anyone else had this? How did you cope?

canto3 Sat 24-Oct-15 09:40:39

So sorry for your loss Hedwig

I don't think your DH's response is unusual. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with. The baby is part of us. How can we not 'get carried away'? sad

Duckdeamon Sat 24-Oct-15 09:44:01

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your H's response.

The miscarriage association website has a great leaflet on what NOT to say: I'd share that with him and tell him he's being extremely insensitive and unsupportive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: