Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage at 11 weeks 5 days need some advice

(2 Posts)
smileyhappyperson Sat 15-Aug-15 15:11:37

I was booked in for a CVS for my baby on Thursday when I was 11 weeks and 5 days. Baby had no heartbeat but was measuring 11 weeks and 5 days so the heart had only just stopped beating.

I am booked in for an ERPC on tuesday. This was going to be at my local hospital and then a research team from another hospital was going to come down and collect the remains for research purposes. My husband has a genetic disease and the baby had a 50% chance of having it but it would not have caused a miscarriage, it is a research team who do research into the disease who were going to have the baby.

I woke up this morning bleeding. I have passed a clot and i'm bleeding like a period but I have passed nothing else. Does anyone know if I do pass the baby will it still be able to be used for research if I keep it cold until Monday?

KittyandTeal Sat 15-Aug-15 20:34:56

I'm sorry you've not had any replies. How are you doing?

I would call your antenatal unit and request to go in explaining that you would like your baby to go to the researchers.

Im so sorry you have lost your baby, it's a heartbreaking time. I hope your baby can help the researchers. I remember being desperate for something positive or useful to come from dd2s death. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now