Talk

Advanced search

ERPC

(4 Posts)
white66 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:13:08

im having it today and am petrified! Any advice?

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 05-Aug-15 09:20:32

No advice, but I hope you don't have to wait around all day like I did for mine. flowers Sorry for your loss.

fishcake84 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:26:55

Sorry for your loss. Advice I can give you as a patient who has had the procedure: don't worry, you go off to sleep then wake up none the wiser. Get decent sanitary towels in and expect period like blood loss and cramps for a day or two (maybe more if unlucky). Take pain relief. Now advice as a doctor who has seen hundreds of these operations: they are very safe, very very common (sadly), quick and are handled sensitively and professionally. You will be in good hands, so try to relax. As a patient again, I felt so much better having my miscarriage "over" with the operation. Stock up on nice things to eat and take it easy on yourself.

white66 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:43:37

Thank you too both of you, I'm back now having waited a few hours to go down. Seemed successful apparently, now time to rest. Thank you so much for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now