Talk

Advanced search

Can't get over it :(

(9 Posts)
Gunia Mon 27-Jul-15 03:10:41

I've lost my baby 2 weeks ago in 6th week of pregnancy. I still can't get over it.... I thought I was ready to get back to work but I feel like I can't cope with people telling me it's going to be ok.... Things like this happen... Place where I work we get lots of families with little babies and I can't help myself but every time when I see them I'm loosing it again.... Can't stop crying.... How long will it last?? Any advice how to pull my shit together??

VashtaNerada Mon 27-Jul-15 03:19:21

Very sorry to hear this flowers I think like any kind of grief it can take a different amount of time depending on the person and the circumstances. Be kind to yourself and accept it's okay to grieve. If it really does become overwhelming and stop you living your life, maybe speak to your GP to see if you can be referred to counselling. It does get better though, I've had two early MC and I very rarely feel upset about it now.

textfan Mon 27-Jul-15 03:40:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Faybells Mon 27-Jul-15 15:03:36

Big hug to you. I lost my baby 2 weeks ago at 11 weeks pregnant. Was my first day back at work today. It is a small mainly female team of community healthcare workers, all incredibly supportive. My manager has been great and suggested I take flexible hrs and leave when I feel I've had enough for the day. Last night i was so anxious about going back and was not sure i was ready but i must admit it felt good to be back and occupied with other things, and i have been so lucky to have such great support at work. But I still feel so weepy. I just feel so heavy and sad. I was hoping to feel much more 'with it' by now but am surprised how long its taking to come to terms with it all. People keep saying it will take time...so dnt be too hard on yoursef. You are not alone. Do see your GP if you are not ready for work...and try to contact a support line/group...I will be looking into that this afternoon!

Sending hugs and hoping you are feeling better soon x

lauraa4 Mon 27-Jul-15 15:47:01

So sorry to hear this.

I think it took me around 6 months to get my head around it, accept what happened and try to move in. It's been well over a year now and I've been at a stage for a while where I know I'll never get over it but I've learnt to accept it. You do whatever you need to do to get through this difficult time. If you burst into tears in the middle of doing your weekly shop then so be it! Time is the best healer, and things will get easier for you. It's just hard to grasp how life can be very cruel sometimes.

Everything will be OK flowers

Gunia Mon 27-Jul-15 16:41:17

Thank you all for the kind words! It help a lot! I have a 5 year old son which is the sweetest little human possible. He keeps me here.... I went to see a midwife this morning but she said there isn't much she can do so she got me appointment with the doctor for tomorrow..... I'm trying to be strong for my boy but it's so very hard.... I feel like someone is stabbing my heart with a knife constantly... I'm sorry to hear you ladies when thru it too. thank you for sharing your stories and that I know I'm not alone with it..... I just wish there would be a way to deal with it better. Xxx

Wolfiefan Mon 27-Jul-15 16:46:45

2 weeks is a really short time. I'm not sure you get over this (as in it doesn't bother you/you never think of it again). I would say it's more something you get through and that becomes easier to live with.
flowers
cake
Take it easy on yourself. Do you have any RL support or help with your 5 year old?

textfan Mon 27-Jul-15 20:09:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Losttherythm Tue 28-Jul-15 08:19:09

2weeks is really a short time. I'm having my 11 week mc removed today 10 days after the scan. It's hard but you will find the strength to continue and fight the black ideas of not being able yo face the world. This mumsnet helped me as I read others stories and they are really supportive.
Coping is a hard thing but life goes. Try to think positive as it may help
Big hugs and sorry to hear about your loss, makes me emotional

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now