Am I miscarrying? Advice/Help!!x(7 Posts)
Me and my boyfriend had a 6 week scan and baby was so small (2mm) so we have always thought we were not quite at 6 weeks as we were only going by the date an iPhone app gave us where as digital pregnancy tests say about 2 weeks before that so would have been 4 weeks. Anyway my blood tests were rocketing up and the only thing they couldn't see was a heart beat due to baby size but they were so positive. I had pains but they said it's as my body is making so many great changes. They asked me to come back at my '8 weeks' as then there will be a heart beat. So at 8 weeks the nurse excitedly called me over and then her mood changed. Needed another internal and that's what worries me first as they said she should be big enough to see on normal scan now ( what I'm thinking is unless I'm not as far along as everyone thinks!) she saw no heart beat. The baby was 8.9mm so she said the baby had grown so it probably did have a heart beat now it's stopped, but she kept asking if I'm as far along as I thought and I stupidly said no I'm sure I'm 8 weeks my app said so. So she and another nurse confirmed miscarriage and said I can come have it surgically removed or bleed it out and that I should notice small spotting before that very soon. The new nurse said the pain is miscarriage pains.
Nearly a week later still no bleeding. My pregnancy symptoms are still here if not worse as I was sick the other day but not I'm wondering if it was travel sickness ( never happens usually though and was only 20 min drive) I have no more pains and no bleeding or spotting what's so ever just discharge and I swear my belly a getting bigger. Obviously I don't want to get my hopes up but I don't want to book myself in for a survival removal if there's a chance the baby is okay? Has anyone else had any experience like this? I know it's rare but it's been heard of before that the nurses got it wrong? Is my best bet trying to get one more confirmation scan before hand? Need my ladies help no one seems to understand as my friends are all single :/
So sorry this is happening to you. Have they asked you to go back for another scan? Usually if there's any kind of growth or it looks at all like you might have got your dates wrong they would book you in to rescan in a week. Could you go back?
They asked me if I would rather confirm it then or in a week and I didn't want to worry all week so I said then but I think I'm gonna ring tomorrow and ask for a scan Thursday. Just in case, even if it's the same news I don't want to do anything without knowing 100%. It's just so hard on us waiting, life can be so tough sometimes unfortunately:/
I think if you're feeling unsure then if they've offered you another scan you should take it. I'm sorry you're going through this, I've been there too (mmc picked up at 13 weeks, 2 weeks waiting for confirmation and surgery) and the uncertainty is horrible.
That must have been awful on yourself too. It's just so hard to not get my hopes up when there's no bleeding and belly growth but I'm pretty sure the doctors would be correct. It's just hard to accept something you got so excited for wont be here I guess and I don't know how to approach my partner about it, he's so upset by it but he doesn't know how to handle it either bless him x
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I don't want to build your hopes but If I was in your position I would ask to wait and see if anything happens naturally (miscarriage wise) and I'd also book a scan in a week or so. I know how difficult the waiting game is and a week in your position feels like a lifetime but I'd personally want to be absolutely positive that that it 'wasn't to be' before going down the medical procedure route. X
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.