Talk

Advanced search

HCG under 0.1

(2 Posts)
Claramoon Thu 23-Jul-15 21:40:50

I thought I was 8 weeks pregnant - last AF 27/5, positive urine test (clear blue 2 weeks ago) and symptoms I recognised (so I thought) fm dc1 and 2..nausea etc.

But just got blood results showing hcg <0.1. Lab guy (I'm overseas and different system here) said that means not pg. Does that mean it was false positive and I wasn't pg at all? Still feeding 1yo DS so perhaps my cycle not yet regularised hence delay in AF?

Or maybe I was pg but baby didn't develop and will have MMC? (Had once b4 so want to be prepared if so)

Does anyone know which explanation more likely with such a low HCG?

Thank you..

bakingtins Fri 24-Jul-15 18:36:08

I would think with HCG that low you'd have already started bleeding if it was a MC. It's v rare to get a false positive on a pregnancy test, though you can get one that ends fairly quickly in a chemical pregnancy. My first thought is could there be an error at the lab? Why were you tested? Are you having any symptoms of miscarriage? Can you POAS again on a home pregnancy test and see if it's positive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now