Talk

Advanced search

How long does cramping and very heavy bleeding last? MC and feeling awful

(7 Posts)
ShimmeringCobalt Tue 21-Jul-15 20:54:29

I feel sick, dizzy and really emotional.

I went for my 12 week scan yesterday and had no idea the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. I'd had no cramping or bleeding so I'm really in shock.

I started to bleed heavily today, it's awful and am passing large clots.

I rang EPU but they said to go to a&e as they didn't have anyone to see me. I've a toddler and a baby, so I can't go to a&e.

They offered me an apt tomor so I'll wait til then.

Can anyone tell me how long the cramps and horrific bleeding will last for? I've my two little ones to look after and finding it really tough. We've just moved house and I had no food for the children so I had to do a food shop today with blood pouring down my legs.

Feeling numb but can anyone give advice?

Sorry for tmi

Blueskies80 Tue 21-Jul-15 21:40:56

Oh love that sounds awful, so sorry for you flowers
Do you have anyone that can help you during this mc?
It's an awful experience. Just watch if you are losing a lot of blood you may need to go into hospital. Can you speak to your mw and ask her advice. It is a scary thing especially if and when you pass big clots/sack.
I had a mmc at 11 weeks three months ago and lost a lot of blood and ended up on a drip in hospital and then had an eprc. It would have been baby no. 3 for me.
Hope you can get some help with the little ones and for you too. It's awful thing to go through and very hard physically and emotionally.
Thinking of you xxx

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Tue 21-Jul-15 22:21:30

So sorry to hear what you are going through. I also lost my baby at 7 weeks (MMC found out at 9 weeks) and the strong cramps and really heavy bleeding only lasted a few hours. As soon as the sac was passed, things eased off and then it was like a heavy period over 10days. I dunno if it made a difference coz it was medical management with me and natural for you but i thought I would try to reassure you that hopefully the worst will be over for you soon

littlegizmo Tue 21-Jul-15 22:22:25

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've just stopped bleeding from my miscarriage which started 10 days ago. It was heavy for about 4 days. It slowed down once I actually lost the baby - at that point my body felt better but my head worse.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and even harder that you are having to 'get on with things'. I hope you can get some time for yourself to do what ever is helpful to get through this
Hugs to you xx

Blueskies80 Wed 22-Jul-15 13:37:46

How are you doing today OP? Thinking of you flowers

LillianFullStop Wed 22-Jul-15 15:47:33

shimmering your GP should be able to refer you to the EPU as well. I would not recommend sitting in A&E waiting to be seen for ours. I managed to get an emergency appointment with my local GP and she wrote me a referral letter which was all i needed to get seen at the EPU on the same day.

Please do try and see them as it seems you are quite uncomfortable and the EPU can check that everything is ok. Hope you are doing well flowersflowers

ShimmeringCobalt Wed 22-Jul-15 21:07:28

Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm actually feeling lots better today after a really horrific night.

Went to EPU this morning for a further scan but I still need surgery as lots of products lefthmm

Not looking forward to it but don't think I could cope with another day like yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now