Talk

Advanced search

ERPC yesterday...

(2 Posts)
Bex1206 Tue 21-Jul-15 07:07:19

So I had my erpc this morning, I went to see the surgeon just before theatre and she was lovely but I was left very confused. She said I had to start taking contraception straight away and not to try again until after my results are back. She kept saying if it's what we think it is but wouldn't say anymore. As far as I was concerned the babies heart had stopped and there wasn't much more to it. Anyway everything went absolutely fine, she came out to see me after and again kept saying about results and if it's what we think. I had no idea what she meant. I was discharged from the hospital and given my notes to take to my GP only to read suspected partial molar pregnancy. Now I'm in even more of a mess and can't see my GP for another 6 days to get some answers. I just wish the surgeon had said this instead of just writing it on my notes, that way I could be more prepared.....sorry to rant but I just need some support?

Blueskies80 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:07:37

Just wanted to send moral support- that's very poor communication from the surgeon. She should have said that they thought that was the probable diagnosis rather than alluding to it. I'm so sorry. Can you call your gp for follow up guidance?
A friend of mine had a partial molar and she had to wait for the hcg levels to drop and send her results off periodically. (Sorry I don't know the full details). She went onto have another baby about a year later iirc.
Feel for you, it's really horrible flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now