Talk

Advanced search

Waiting!!

(6 Posts)
MG34 Wed 15-Jul-15 00:25:19

I had an early MC nearly 7 weeks ago (at 5 was 5days) and haven't had my first period yet. Did a test last week and this week and they're negative. Anyone experienced a long wait for their first period after miscarriage?

Scottysmum2008 Wed 15-Jul-15 15:04:01

I personally think you should speak to your doctor about what to expect with your cycle given the timescale of how long ago the MC took place, and make sure everything is as it should be.
Was any information or advice given to you at the time the MC happened?

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Wed 15-Jul-15 15:28:12

Sorry for your loss. I had my first period about 6 weeks after my miscarriage which was at 9 weeks tho baby stopped developing after 7 weeks. It's good news you have got a negative pregnancy test, my period came about 2 weeks after I got my first negative test.

MG34 Wed 15-Jul-15 23:43:45

Thanks for the advice scottysmum2008. I have booked a doctors appointment a few weeks ago got an appointment next week. I was told my period should be 4-6 weeks at the early pregnancy unit at the time of MC.
Xx

Ahhcantthinkofagoodnane, sorry for your loss too xx. I had a negative test two weeks after MC so that's why I'm getting impatient doing tests every week just in case as I was at the gym having personal training etc before I found out I was PG and I don't want to over do it just in case I get PG again. Take care xxsmile

BombaySapper Fri 17-Jul-15 22:38:32

You could be pg but not far along enough for a BFP...? Do you think you ovulated?

I've just got AF now, almost exactly four weeks after my MC.

MG34 Sat 18-Jul-15 00:10:23

Finally AF arrived!! Thanks for the advice and support xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now