Advanced search

Ectopic- how do I decide what to do?

(3 Posts)
somethingfromnothing Wed 08-Jul-15 14:57:24

Hi all,

I'm a long term lurker who could really do with some advice right now. After a week of being in and out of A&E and EPU it would seem that I have an ectopic pregnancy. I would be 5+4 so it's been found fairly early. As my HCG levels have only raised from 800 to 970 I've been left to wait and see overnight.

If it increases I have to choose between surgery or the methotrexate. I previously had PID due to a ruptured ovarian cyst so I'm worried that if I choose the drug that it will happen again to my damaged tube. How do I decide? Neither option seems ideal sad


addictedtosugar Wed 08-Jul-15 15:09:27

I'm sorry to hear your going through this.
I had the laproscopy (but wasn't given an option of methotrexate).
Can I suggest you have a look and register with ectopic pregnancy trust where you are more likely to get useful responses.

With a HCG that low, I wouldn't have thought that your tube will rupture? My levels were (iirc) 4000-5000, and I was close to rupturing - hence surgery- but still hadn't.

I've got 2 kids post ectopic, with only one tube.


somethingfromnothing Wed 08-Jul-15 15:13:41

Thank you very much I'll have a look at that website. I have a DD already so I'm lucky in that sense

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: