Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

miscarriage- 4.5 weeks if worked out but actually 2.5 weeks on clearblue test

(6 Posts)
minnie009 Sat 27-Jun-15 17:45:22

Hi there,

Last Sunday I did a clearblue pregnancy test and was delighted to find I was 2.5 weeks pregnant.

Unfortunately on Wednesday morning I was bleeding. Like a period. Not particularly heavy. Spotted Thursday and Friday. Pregnancy test clear blue shows now 3+ weeks pregnant. Took it yesterday.

Saw gp yesterday who said sounded like a miscarriage. Test again in 2 weeks.

Does this sound like a miscarriage to everyone? My bleeding was only a day? Could it be incomplete? I want to start trying again asap but if I have retained products I won't ovulate.

What do you think? Also is it true that you are more fertile after mc?

Any advice would be great.

Baguettes Sat 27-Jun-15 19:24:14

Hi,

So sorry you're going through this.

Firstly - and this might not be what you want to hear - ignore the dates on the cb tests. They are notoriously unreliable and do not indicate anything about the progression of a pregnancy. I had an MC earlier this year, and got 1-2, 2-3 and 3+ just I 'should' have. I also had that progression of date with DS who was born happy and healthy. They mean nothing.

How pregnant are you according to your LMP? At this early stage a scan will show nothing that where the pregnancy is (I.e. Rule out ectopic) so if you want, you could try and push for an HCG blood test. These are done twice to see if your levels are doubling.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you; it may just be some implantation bleeding whilst your little bean gets comfy in there.

Have you had any further spotting?

minnie009 Sat 27-Jun-15 21:06:12

Hi thanks for the advice. I was feeling fairly hopeful before but if I'm honest I've noticed today that my morning sickness and nausea has completely gone so I think it's probably over. So upsetting.

I'm seeing doctor next week if the test is not negative by next Wednesday I'm going to push for some bloods. It's so difficult to move on when you're in limbo.

After an mc do cycles return to normal quickly? Or am I going to have to wait quitr a while? So desperate for to try again

Baguettes Sat 27-Jun-15 21:18:39

You're still very early days chick so try not to worry about symptoms. They really do come and go at that stage anyway and won't become established until 7 weeks for most ladies.

I totally understand the limbo feeling. It's so hard. You will get lots of support on these boards; they're amazing.

My cycles returned to normal very quickly. It took two weeks for a negative pregnancy test (this is a very normal timescale so bear this in mind when testing again) then I ovulated and had a period within about three or four weeks I think. I feel pregnant again three cycles after my mc.

Here to hold your hand while you wait...hopefully you'll have an answer either way very soon. Do you have someone at home with you to help you out and generally look after you?

minnie009 Sun 05-Jul-15 21:03:49

Thanks for all your advice.

After few days I got sharp pain on my right. They did early scan and confirmed mc. I then bled really heavily and have spent two days in hospital just about by passed a transfusion and d&c.

Home now and looking to future. Fingers crossed I can ttc soon and have a healthy baby next time. I hope so xx

minnie009 Thu 09-Jul-15 13:35:23

Hi there,

It's now 2 weeks since my mc. I did a pregnancy test today and it's finally negative.

The ovulation sticks I use have in past been really positive since hcg was high. I'm fairly sure yesterday it was completely negative but today was faint positive. Does this sound right? Could I be ovulating or is this wishful thinking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now