Talk

Advanced search

Period after stillbirth

(7 Posts)
earthmoon Sat 20-Jun-15 23:59:47

I had a stillbirth on 25th March 2015, i was 36 weeks when it happened. Right now, i would really love to get pregnant again, but Af still has not returned. How long does it on average take to return after a loss?

PartyintheKitchen Sun 21-Jun-15 16:03:24

It is different for everyone, it can come very quickly or may take some months. I think too the stress of the loss has an impact. Be good to yourself and it will return and you can try again then.

So sorry for your loss. X

PartyintheKitchen Sun 21-Jun-15 16:06:07

Sorry, meant to say that it took me 7 months but don't go by my experience as I lost a twin at 36+2 but was breastfeeding twin 2 for 5.5 months.

Hobby2014 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:17:37

No advice but wanted to say sorry for your loss. X

KittyandTeal Sun 21-Jun-15 19:18:08

I had a tfmr at 22 weeks. I bled for around 10 days then had first period after that.

My periods were all over the place for the first few months but have settled down now (I think) after 5 months.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that feeling of being desperate to be pregnant again.

Have you had any support from sands or similar charities? Grieving is such a tiring process, support really does help.

earthmoon Fri 26-Jun-15 10:47:03

Sorry for late reply and thank you for your replies. Most importantly i'm very sorry for your losses as well.

i'm just finding it strange for my period being this late, stress has been know to delay it. But only by a week. OK, i know this is different from normal life stress. Life is sometimes strange, losing grandparents and getting really sick and being hospitalized some years ago never had any effect on my cycle, but the only time i want it to be normal my cycle goes crazy.

Kitty, no i haven't called SANDs except one time and have declined counseling, as i don't like the thought of arranging or planning a time to be sad. I know i can get very emotional and sad when discussing DS2 and can see myself only crying in front of ppl, which is something i dislike. i'm the type of person who likes to cry alone and only when i need to.

earthmoon Fri 26-Jun-15 16:52:35

I have just realist my post is missing a crucial point. My second child/ son was stillborn earlier in the year. With DS1 i exclusively breastfed him, which delayed my period for 6 months, only starting again after i had started weaning. This time i'm not breastfeeding, but i have now made an appointment with my gp to discus this issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now