Talk

Advanced search

What to expect now it's started.

(5 Posts)
wickedwitchofwaterloo Thu 18-Jun-15 11:33:17

Found out I was pregnant last week, went to my EPU and couldn't find anything on two scans, had bloods done, yesterdays found that HCG levels had halved. I started bleeding last night but it seems to have slowed right down today, dare I say stopped. It started off as dark blood, then a bit of bright red, then nothing overnight and nothing now.

My last MC was full on from the off and continued like that, so just wondering what to expect, if anyone has been in the same boat?

wickedwitchofwaterloo Sat 20-Jun-15 20:48:58

Bump - anyone? The bleeding never really started again, just a slight red tinge for a day or two and now nothing. I'm shattered and have lower back pain thou.

Leaflitter Sat 20-Jun-15 21:46:56

Mine took quite a while to get going. I first had a tiny bleed (brown) last Monday (nearly 2 weeks ago). A tiny little bit of same, only on wiping, for the next several days. On Thursday, more blood, but still dark. Yesterday afternoon, the floodgates opened -- torrents of blood and ginormous clots, quite horrifying compared to the "heavy period" I was expecting!

I had cramps for a few days as well before it all started.

I was also clinging on to a faint hope that all would be well as I was still feeling sick. I can only imagine that my body was a bit mixed up and not ready to let go until yesterday.

I'm sure you're prepared with plenty of towels, snacks, ents and loo rolls...

I've seen on another thread that someone recommended exercise to get things going. I'm glad I didn't because when it started for me there was no stopping it and I was relieved to be close to my car and a quick ride home.

Good luck.

Leaflitter Sat 20-Jun-15 21:47:35

And sorry, of course, that you are going through this.

wickedwitchofwaterloo Sat 20-Jun-15 22:42:06

Thank you so much for your reply - I'm so sorry you are going through this too flowers

I think you've confirmed what I fear may happen - I'm also clinging to a bizarre hope it might be ok as my boobs are still really sore but I think you're right, the hormones aren't really sure what they're doing right now.

Thanks again and I hope you get through this okay x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now