Talk

Advanced search

Feeling alone

(10 Posts)
TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 13-Jun-15 20:55:03

I am miscarrying. I am going to hospital tomorrow for the misoprostol treatment.
I have told very few people what is going on - pregnancy was unexpected but I am devastated.
I spoke to my brother at the start of the week to ask if he could look after my older child whilst DH brings me to hospital as she doesnt know what is happening and I want to keep it that way.
He had something planned but was going to get back to me. I havent heard a word. I dont ever expect help - DH and I manage on our own but I feel very hurt that he hasnt even bothered to send a text saying he cant help.
I think DH is fed up with my despondancy. I cant help it. Im miserable.

Leaflitter Sat 13-Jun-15 21:09:54

Poor you. I really feel for you. We have very little help as well. Is there a friend you could ask? Or even pay a babysitter?

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 13-Jun-15 21:22:45

It will be OK. DH and Dd will drop me off and pick up later
We told her I have tummyache.
Im just fed up of dropping everything to help people then when I ask for help nothing.
I just magically cope with everything.
Im not coping with this. Im supposed to be back at work on Tuesday.

strawberrycrumble Sun 14-Jun-15 11:08:29

Im so sorry you are going through this and that you haven't been able to get the support you needed from your brother. I hope everything today goes aswell as it possibly can do and I term that loosely because I understand how completely awful you are feeling right now as I miscarried 1 week ago today and am struggling to get my head around it.
There is a lot of support on these boards and whilst I was gutted that other women were going through this, it does help to know im not alone in experiencing this and the subsequent feelings that go alongside it.
Would it be possible to get any time off work if you feel like you need it? I know some people like to get back and try and get some normality but I just cant be at work right now and asked the doctor to sign me off for 2 weeks.
I too have a little girl who I had to tell I have tummyache, she gets me through and gives me a reason to smile.
Thinking of you x

stoatystoat Sun 14-Jun-15 15:03:38

How are you doing today op? Xx

So sorry to everyone here, I'm four months on almost.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 14-Jun-15 16:47:37

It's grim.
But we are coping. DH has been magic helping clear up and getting me in the shower.
I am hoping the worst is almost over, I am thankful the drugs seemed to work very The quickly.
I'm just a bit wobbly and shocked at the volume.
Thank you for your kind words.

stoatystoat Sun 14-Jun-15 17:08:43

Grim definitely describes it. I am glad your DH is being so supportive. Be kind to yourself. Thinking of you....I am so sorry for what you are going through.

inamaymaybewrong Sun 14-Jun-15 19:59:38

So sorry for your loss. I miscarried for the second time last Friday. We're in a similar situation. Luckily I don't need medical management but we have an almost 3 year old and no help so just have to manage too. Only my parents live close-ish to us and they're both elderly and unwell. Hope all goes as well as it can for you. Can you call in sick on Tuesday at least?

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 14-Jun-15 20:21:18

Im sorry to hear of your losses too. Horrible time for us all.
I am going to call in sick. I have no idea what I was thinking I just wanted to get today over.
I dont think I can put on a brave face this week although weirdly I feel a bit better mentally - I think I am relieved that the drugs are working horrid though it is.
I read a couple of old threads on here but I wasnt really prepared for it.
I hope none of us has to ever go though it again.

stoatystoat Sun 14-Jun-15 20:33:56

I had two weeks off. You can get a note from your dr, they are quite happy to do that in these circumstances. Don't put yourself under any pressure.

Nothing can prepare you can it, I did the same as you and I'm still so shocked by it all. It's very up and down in my experience. Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now