Talk

Advanced search

what to do with 8 week fetus passed intact in sac?

(10 Posts)
inamaymaybewrong Sat 13-Jun-15 18:41:53

This is my second miscarriage. The first was earlier and there was no discernable fetus when I
miscarried.
This time I passed a perfect looking, tiny fetus in the sac. I would like to do something appropriate with it. Don't want to just bury it in the garden as we may move in thenext year or two. I was thinking a pot plant that could move with us instead. Can anyone recommend something pretty and hardy. I'm not very good with plants. Or an alternative way to remember our baby (babies) please?

Ekkwhine Sat 13-Jun-15 19:25:43

Oh gosh, I'm so, so sorry for your loss, I really am.
I think a large pot plant sounds a lovely idea, however I have no experience of this so hopefully someone else will come along who can help. Xx

spancake Sat 13-Jun-15 19:39:38

I really am so sorry for your loss. Perhaps put the baby in a sealed trinket box within the pot of a small tree outside that you could take with you should you move - perhaps something that flowers around your conception date - like a cherry blossom? They're pretty easy, but if you put the fetus/baby (sorry) in a sealed box, perhaps like what people use for ashes, then if anything happens to the actual plant, it won't matter quite so much. Xx

inamaymaybewrong Sun 14-Jun-15 12:35:23

Spancake that's a lovely idea. Would any trinket box do iyswim?

stoatystoat Sun 14-Jun-15 15:01:57

I am so sorry for your loss xxx

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sun 14-Jun-15 15:05:35

We had already had a full-term pregnancy loss, so we had a proper grave to visit, and so we got permission to bury our stillbirth the other side of the headstone (and we actually got the Rector to say a couple of prayers with us in an informal ceremony); is there a family grave you could do that with?

spancake Sun 14-Jun-15 15:26:28

There's a company called 'angel urns' who has a shop on eBay that do some pretty and decorated ones xx

Cloggal Sun 14-Jun-15 17:19:23

So sorry for your loss. I love spancake's idea. I hope whatever you plant brings you some joy and comfort in time.x

spanky2 Sun 14-Jun-15 17:24:00

Sorry for the loss of your baby. Can you get the remains cremated and keep in an appropriate box? Then you can have your baby with you forever.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 14-Jun-15 17:29:58

Sorry for your loss.

Cremation isn't an option. Even for a baby at around 20-25 weeks they warn you there may not be any actual ashes after a cremation as the baby is so small.

The cherry blossom tree and trinket box sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now