Talk

Advanced search

bleeding vs spotting? what is what?

(4 Posts)
inamaymaybewrong Fri 12-Jun-15 15:50:16

I'm not sure what I have. Blood is red, but I've had the same pad on since about 9am today and it's now almost 4pm and it's only marked with a patch about 5cm x 3cm and not soaked. I have some blood when I wipe after the loo too, and some cramping. I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant.

Adventuregame Fri 12-Jun-15 16:04:58

I was confused over the same thing a few months ago. I think if its just really when you wipe then it's referred to as spotting but continuous bleeding like a period is bleeding.

Can you get to an EPU at all to have it checked ? It could be nothing but from experience I know they won't likely scan you over a weekend and the wait is the worst part !

puzzledleopard Fri 12-Jun-15 17:50:28

When I was having my DD who is 4 now. I had brown blood at 6weeks then and told me no sex. Then I had red blood every time my period would be due up till about 6 months. But I didn't really have much cramping.

I had a miscarriage in April this year I had red blood and it really didn't seem like much at 7 weeks with cramping then over the space of 3 days it became worse.

I would advise calling your local EPU and explaining the situation. I was seen the same day went for a scan (Was told it might be too early to see but I was sure of my dates so expected the worst) I had HCG Blood tests every 48 hours went 4x and it was dropping and 3 weeks later it dropped to 3.

I don't want to scare you sad but I've had both outcomes it's pretty hard to know for sure so think it's important you seek medical advice.

inamaymaybewrong Sat 13-Jun-15 09:10:25

I passed everything at 9pm last night, including the tiny fetus in its sac. The pain was worse after so I've taken co-codamol.

I had called the GP on Thursday lunchtime when the bleeding started and he referred me to the EPU but the scan appointment they gave me isn't until Tuesday. There are no walk-in EPUs here.

In desperation, yesterday morning I called and booked a private scan for lunchtime today. Too late. And we had to pay up front and it's non-refundable.

I miscarried a frozen embryo pregnancy at the end of last year and this latest one was a natural conception we never thought would happen. We're devastated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now