Talk

Advanced search

First visit to Coventry clinic (recurrent miscarriage) what to expect

(4 Posts)
flora717 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:58:06

Hello, I finally bit the bullet and pushed Dr for a referal. I'm local to Coventry, but I have no idea what to expect from my first appointment. Do I need to select my cleanest undies? Do I need to anticipate (more) blood tests and wear a short sleeved top? I want a quick visit ideally as I am still dealing with the aftermath of another loss.
I've noticed this clinic has been mentiined on MN previously.
Any tips greatly appreciated.

bakingtins Thu 11-Jun-15 18:26:27

The clinic that is mentioned a lot on Mumsnet threads is the implantation clinic run by Profs Siobhan Quenby and Jan Brosens. It offers a consultation and uterine biopsy to check for decidualisation ( how the lining prepares for pregnancy) and uterine NK cells. This is not covered by the NHS but you can go as an NHS self funded patient and it costs £360. You can self refer. You have to be at least 2 cycles post miscarriage, 7-10 days post ov and not pregnant. Their protocol is progesterone from CD 21, heparin injections from an early location scan, plus steroids if NKcells are raised. There are a lot of Coventry pompom wavers on the recurrent miscarriage threads so come and ask any questions there.
If you haven't had any testing as yet, I'm sure Coventry do the standard RMC work up as well, which is an armful of blood tests and a scan, which may well require the clean undies. wink
hope that helps....

flora717 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:15:21

OK, thanks. I shall do some research on that then.
I've had "standard" tests but no idea if even necessary ones as the Dr seemed rather unaware that there was any sort of response to 3+ miscarriages (he asked me if I was expecting IVF, I said I wasn't expecting anything).
It rather sounds as though this will be pointless then.

bakingtins Thu 11-Jun-15 23:00:39

frankieslegacy.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/clinic-leaflet-email-3.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now