Talk

Advanced search

Experience please. No heart beat at 7 weeks

(4 Posts)
FraggleRock77 Tue 09-Jun-15 15:22:09

I've just had an early scan due to needing an early stitch to be told there was no heart beat and the embryo was small for dates. I've now got to wait 12 days to be scanned again to confirm it's dead. Has anyone else been through this? Did you miscarry before the scan or have a D&C? Any experience really appreciated hmm

Brummiegirl15 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:44:23

Hi Fraggle

I've had 3 mc's including one that was a silent miscarriage - the baby had died at 9 wks after having a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

I am so sorry you are going through this, it's agony. It's protocol to wait and rescan to ensure that your dates aren't slightly out. They will check if there is any growth in the next scan.

However sometimes yes you can miscarry before then - it's almost as though the body suddenly realises and then "let's go"

But if course you could be ok right up to the next scan.

I've had surgery twice (and 1 natural mc) and it was absolutely the right decision for me. I needed to close my eyes and have it all be over. I was too scared to do a medically managed miscarriage but others prefer to.

It was a very short procedure, opened my eyes and it was over. I had no pain and very minimal bleeding. I could then concentrate on grieving. But if I ever had to go through it agin, I'd choose the surgery again without hesitating

It's a horrible thing to go through, please take care of yourself

FraggleRock77 Tue 09-Jun-15 18:27:05

Thank you for the reply. I'm suppose I'm terrified of the miscarriage starting before my next scan. I would choose D&C in a flash. It was very clear to me that there was no heart beat. confused

Billi77 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:42:55

Hi Fraggle. What did you do in the end? Hope you're coping ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now