Talk

Advanced search

its started at home.

(5 Posts)
brickiemum2 Mon 09-Feb-15 16:41:38

I'm booked in for an MVA on Friday but I've not felt right all day and now I'm bleeding. I'm 9 weeks but baby only measures 5, sac and placenta both measuring 8+ though and I have a bump.
How bad is this going to be and what can I expect?
Off to read the tips thread....didn't think I'd need to......

resipsa Mon 09-Feb-15 16:44:52

Can't really advise as mine were at 6 weeks so pretty quick and pain free but didn't want to read without saying that I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's shit. I hope someone can be more constructive soon.

sizethree Mon 09-Feb-15 17:41:24

Hi brickiemum2. I echo what resipsa wrote, I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is so shit.
A natural miscarriage can take a little while to get moving. So don't panic.
I started bleeding a few days before my D&C, and still required the op (I was 9 weeks).
The practicalities of miscarriage thread is invaluable. You'll find a wealth of information there.
Get some pain killers and stay warm and hydrated and if you're bleeding more heavily than soaking a pad each hour, call NHS 24. Worth giving the EPU (early pregnancy unit) a call too in the morning.

Andcake Mon 09-Feb-15 17:52:01

So sorry this is happening. I had 2 mc one at 5 weeks one at 11 weeks. The one at around 5 weeks was like a vv heavy period the one at 11 weeks (stopped developing at 8 weeks) dp called an ambulance due to contractions and screaming pain. See how it goes - rest take paracetamol, make sure someone is with you incase it gets bad.
Lots of pads at the ready- light food incase you feel sick ( for the 6 week one I definitely felt faint and a bit queasy) but also was in a bit of shock so sugary tea.
So sorry this is happenjng take care and hope it passes quickly and you can start mentally and physically start moving forward.

brickiemum2 Mon 09-Feb-15 17:55:00

I've had a natural mc at 7 weeks before but judging by the pain and then the size of the sac things had stopped developing much earlier. I coped with that ok. This time I'm just worried it'll be worse. Kinda had my head reconciled to the fact that it would happen surgically.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: