Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to do a preg test after ERPC?

(4 Posts)
ladydoc Sat 24-Jan-15 16:31:00

Hi,
I had an ERPC last week, after medical management failed. I was supposed to have been 10 weeks, but scan showed that the baby died at around 6 weeks. I have seen some people on forums talking about doing pregnancy tests to make sure they return to negative after mc, but this is not something that the hospital told me to do. Was anyone advised by their hospital to check pregnancy tests until they turn negative after ERPC? We are keen to TTC again soon.
Many thanks.
Katie

BettyFriedansLoveChild Sat 24-Jan-15 16:33:50

Hi ladydoc, I wasn't specifically advised to take one, but I wanted to see a bfn before trying to conceive again, so that if I was lucky enough to get a bfp at the end of the cycle I would know that it was a new pregnancy, not the remainder of hormones from the old one iyswim.

bakingtins Sat 24-Jan-15 17:13:10

Sorry for your loss, ladydoc. I would do a test, for the reasons bflc suggests, though if you are intending to wait for AF before TTC, as advised, it is less important. Your lining is likely to be poor the first cycle (before first AF).

ladydoc Sun 25-Jan-15 12:34:50

Thank you both for your advice - it certainly makes sense.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: