Talk

Advanced search

miscarriage confusion

(3 Posts)
amosity69 Sat 24-Jan-15 14:52:52

Hi so it's been a roller coaster of a week! Tuesday I found out I was pregnant and because I am at risk of ectopic pregnancy they got me straight in Wednesday for a scan. They couldn't find anything in my uterus although the lining was thickening which was an indication of pregnancy and that if i was really early on they weren't forced to be able to see anything yet.they did say they found a cyst type thing which made them suspicious so I had blood tests which came back ok. Friday I went back for more blood tests and they told me my levels had dropped so they couldn't tell me whether I had had an ectopic pregnancy or not but either way was miscarrying. This is all so strange as I have had no pains at all and only a very small amount of spotting. I go back for more bloods next week to check my levels are ok but none of it seems real. I don't actually feel that I have miscarried. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I would of been about 5 weeks.

NotSpartacus Sat 24-Jan-15 15:01:15

Oh dear, I'm sorry this has happened to you.
It can take a while for hormone levels to drop to the point that your body realises it is not pregnant and for bleeding to start. I had blood tests after drug treatment for an ectopic, and I remember my levels were falling, but not low enough for me to start bleeding for several days.

amosity69 Sat 24-Jan-15 15:09:13

Oh right you see they told me I would have bleeding and bad pains for about 10 days so it's all so surreal when there is nothing at all. Sorry to hear of your loss aswell flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: