Talk

Advanced search

MC last month - Need scan today! HELP

(12 Posts)
mrsfazruns Tue 13-Jan-15 10:18:35

Hi everyone this may be a long thread - lots i need to get off chest!

I had BFP end of november and pretty much spotted from day 1 and ended in a blighted ovum which I medically managed miscarriage on 22nd december! It all happened pretty quickly - i passed a few big clots and bled for 4-5 days! EPAU (which wasn't the friendliest place in the world) was happy everything happened as it should and to take pregnancy test at 3 weeks - so yesterday BFP! We had sex on new years eve and part of me is hoping that I'm actually pregnant but I need to have a scan today and I am terrified of going back and being told I need surgery to remove retained products (hate that saying)

Ive really struggled with this miscarriage even more so as DH needed surgery on his hand on christmas even and I had breast lump biopsies taken (all neg thankfully). both DH and I were just both starting to get over it when this happened! Its worse that my best friend found out she was pregnant the day after I did! She had her scan yesterday and announced and I feel so resentful that she has her beautiful scan picture and Im taking a test to make sure mine is all gone!

So today is a big fat emotional day! hoping that I ovulated and baby is in there (is that even possible) but dreading going back to even more bad news!!

ForkieForkie Tue 13-Jan-15 14:04:45

Hi mrsf sorry for your loss and what must have been a terrible Christmas. I hated taking pregnancy tests hoping for a negative after miscarriage. Its all wrong and just miserable.

What time is your scan? Thinking of you.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 13-Jan-15 14:07:21

Hi, sorry you are going through this. Did you have a bfn at all after your mc? If you did and it has turned positive again, it is likely to be a new pregnancy. If not it could go either way unfortunately. I guess it is possible that you ovulated 9 days after your mc and conceived on 31st. I ovulated about 3 weeks after mc but everyone is different! But it is also possible that the mc is incomplete. Did they scan you after your medical management? Did you have any more bleeding or pain after that? I would contact epu for advice. They may be able to scan you or do blood tests to check if hcg is rising or falling. Hope it turns out well for you

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 13-Jan-15 14:08:49

Sorry, silly me, you're having a scan today. Fingers crossed.

bakingtins Tue 13-Jan-15 14:17:02

mrsf sorry you had such a lot to cope with in the last few months. Hope today's scan brings good news.

mrsfazruns Tue 13-Jan-15 14:18:12

Hi ladies!! Just off to hospital for my scan now .... I didn't have one after the medication because everything seemed to be ok, bleeding stopped and no other pains!! No bfn because was too scared to do one as DIDNT want to see the BFP when it wasn't real!!

I will let you know afterwards x

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Wed 14-Jan-15 12:25:55

How was your scan?

mrsfazruns Wed 14-Jan-15 18:04:02

No further forward really!! Scan showed nothing had been left behind thankfully do took blood hcg which is 166 .... Don't really know what that means but to have it repeated tomorrow! She also said that I have an egg follicle on my ovary but don't understand how I can be due to ovulate if hcg is still there!! They also cant tell yet if I've fell pregnant again as I would technically only be 3ish weeks!! Im more confused than I was yesterday lol x

ForkieForkie Thu 15-Jan-15 20:41:30

mrsfaz the confusion sounds stressful. Was anything clearer after hcg levels were tested today?

mrsfazruns Fri 16-Jan-15 08:12:55

Preg test yesterday was negative so think that answers the confusion!! Just taking bit longer to lose the hormones! So back on it ready to try try try x

ForkieForkie Fri 16-Jan-15 09:33:55

Sorry it wasn't a new pregnancy and that you had your hopes raised. That's tough. Its good there isnt a longer term physical health issue from the miscarriage. Lots of best wishes for a better year and with trying again.

mrsfazruns Fri 16-Jan-15 16:07:38

Thank you for you kind words! I'm just relieved now to have an answer really and now me and DH can relax! Last few weeks been tough! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: