Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks- bleeding

(8 Posts)
snappychi Wed 07-Jan-15 12:41:41

Hello. Wondering if anyone can help me- I'm feeling so desperate.

Began spotting on the 29th at around 5 weeks and eventually went to the EPAU for bloods, then again 48 hours later which showed HCG had more than doubled.
But since then the bleeding has increased, I'd say it was like a light period (bright, bright red but no clots) but more or less constant. I usually have very heavy periods and think the bleeding is quite light but not sure if "normal" people would find this heavy- if that makes sense. Changing a sanitary pad for freshness every few hours although its no where near full. I haven't had any cramps; just today have a dull ache like period pain although not really much discomfort. I have a scan booked tomorrow.

Just looking for other peoples stories really, I can't imagine it being good news tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this? I just so feel so very, very sad!

Belleende Wed 07-Jan-15 13:16:30

Hcg doubling and lack of cramping are good signs. Lots of women bleed in pregnancy and go on to have babies. If you start passing clots and/or get cramping then I would worry more, but at this point you have a decent chance of a good outcome. The scan will tell you more. Good luck!

snappychi Thu 08-Jan-15 11:37:55

Just to let anyone know who's reading (I know I read threads for hours looking for some hope) unfortunately a miscarriage was confirmed today by the scan.

Belleende Fri 09-Jan-15 09:36:32

So sorry snappy I have been there and it sucks. Be good to yourself and let others be good to you. X

Flower29 Fri 09-Jan-15 10:29:46

Very sorry snappy. I'm 6 weeks too and going through my 2nd mc. X

Tallulaxx Fri 09-Jan-15 11:21:43

Very sorry I'm 6 weeks and been told I'm likely to miscarry. It's shitty hugs to you xxx

snappychi Fri 09-Jan-15 12:34:38

Thanks everyone. Xx

I wrote the reply straight after the scan whilst waiting to see the nurse (sonographer was ambiguous at best) then was swiftly took to the gynaecology ward. To cut a very long story short it was an ectopic pregnancy and I had to have emergency surgery yesterday and had an ovary and tube removed.

Just writing this is to urge anyone to please contact your GP/EPAU ward if your experiencing anything unusual and don't be afraid of looking 'silly'. It was without a doubt the most frightening experience I've ever had and the most confusing and I'm so sorry people experience these things xx
Rambling now- combination of oromorph and hormones I think!

Belleende Fri 09-Jan-15 12:52:15

Jesus snappy that is really scary. Ectopics have to be dealth with so quickly it must be dizzying. Such alot to contend with in a sort space of time. It did sound odd that your HCG was doubling.

I hope you have a swift recovery and give yourself lots of time to heal. yOu have been through a pretty major trauma.

All the best

XX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now