Talk

Advanced search

A long wait till wednesday

(10 Posts)
Nona11 Mon 05-Jan-15 05:26:56

I'd been experiencing period like cramps for 3 day and woke up today bleeding. More than spotting and have started to get small clots.
I've rung 111 they referred me to the early pregnancy care unit they agreed it's worth checking. But the soonest they can get me a scan is late morning Wednesday.
I don't know how I'm going to get through these next few days without knowing I don't have anything to keep myself busy. I'm nearly 11 weeks pregnant I only had two more weeks till my dating scan.
How do I get through the next two days?

Nona11 Mon 05-Jan-15 06:23:32

The bleeding has gotten worse and the clots are bigger, I didn't have any clots when I rung up.
I don't know what to do, I only remember them saying ring back if I soak through a pad in less than 20 mintutes.

Caitmous Mon 05-Jan-15 06:43:14

I'm so sorry this is happening to you Nona.

With both my mc, at two different hospitals I self-referred to the EPAU (early pregnancy assessment unit they are called here). It meant a bit of a queue and wait but they scanned me and confirmed the mc there and then. I think a three day wait is far too long. Ring them back and say the bleeding has got heavier and do they have a walk-in self referral system.

Be kind to yourself. I hope you have lots of love and support around you. Keep posting. Lots of wise women in this board.

KiltedKoala Mon 05-Jan-15 06:51:24

Nona I'm sorry. I've just finished a mc at 11 weeks and the waiting is the worst bit. If you are in lots of pain you might want to go to A&E but otherwise I would call EPU back if you are in a lot of pain or the bleeding is very heavy. sending you lots of love

cosmicglittergirl Mon 05-Jan-15 07:07:48

I had bleeding at 10 weeks with my first pregnancy and rang my GP who advised I go to A&E where I was triaged quickly and given a scan. Maybe it depends where you are in the country (I'm in N London) but I think if you are worried go to them or the EPU as others have suggested.

Fingers crossed for you.

Nona11 Mon 05-Jan-15 07:54:59

Thank you for all the kind messages, I'm going to try ring back now. I can't take the wait if they can't see me I'm contacting the private unit.

Nona11 Mon 05-Jan-15 08:07:51

They're going to ring me back and see if they can move it to today

Nona11 Mon 05-Jan-15 09:55:34

Scan confirmed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks.
I felt something was wrong but I didn't think I was right.

cosmicglittergirl Mon 05-Jan-15 10:09:27

Really sorry to hear that, hope you receive the support you need.
Take care. flowers

KiltedKoala Mon 05-Jan-15 12:06:07

So sorry for your loss. I had the same experience, except that I had no bleeding before the scan. it's a very cruel and horrible experience. Hope you have lots of support and are able to take it easy. MN is a great support xxthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now