Talk

Advanced search

Can you have a chemical pregnancy with a negative test?

(6 Posts)
MrsG23 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:52:17

Hi.. I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am for all of you who are going through miscarriage at the moment, I can't even begin to know or understand the emotional trauma... That being said, I would like to see if any if you have experienced what I am currently going through?

My last period was 26th November, light, 2 days long and only brought on following a transvaginal ultrasound to test for an ectopic - this was cycle day 52. I'm now on cycle day 39... For the past 2 weeks I've had nausea, achy sore boobs, bloating and vivid dreams.
For the past week I've had cramping, much like a period... On and off. In addition, I've had brown spotting on and off too.
Last night, I passed a big clot, no pain. But today, I'm doubled over with cramps - I have endometriosis, so I'm used to having painful periods .. These are similar, but a bit more intense. I'm having these terrible cramps, but just very light watery, bloody discharge? Not enough to use a tampon and only slightly in a pad.... But BFN.
The pain is only eased by sitting on the toilet - it's like a baring down pressure.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? sad

bakingtins Sun 04-Jan-15 22:40:21

I think by definition a chemical pregnancy requires a positive test. It means you test positive around 10-14 days post ov but something goes wrong early on and AF arrives more or less on time.
You do sometimes get negative tests with an ectopic pregnancy, hence I guess your recent investigations. I hope you get some answers what is going on soon and the pain settles down, it sounds really unpleasant. Are you going to go back to Gp? Or can you contact gynae ward where you had your scan?

MrsG23 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:03:49

In the last hour, the pain has reduced me to tears.. I've taken cocodamol and tramadol. I've got a tens machine on and a hot water bottle round the front.. I just feel sick. And the pain isn't settling.. Still only very light watery blood into my pad sad

I'm on a 12 hr shift tomorrow and then 8-4 Tuesday and Wednesday.. Gonna try at work through tomorrow and ring my GP early Tuesday, see if I can go in my lunch break... Unfortunately the gynae ward isn't one where you can just ring up sad my body is so all over th place and such a mess at the moment - it's emotionall draining sad

MrsG23 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:05:25

Thank you for taking the time to reply... Eases the anxiety a little smile xx

lia66 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:10:28

What did the clot look like? Could it have been an endometrial cast ?

MrsG23 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:25:07

It's was brown.. About the size of my thumb sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now