5 weeks after M/C and still have HCG levels(3 Posts)
I'm new to this so please bare with me and my story.
I found out I'd had a MMC on 19th Nov due to a blighted ovum. I went on to have a very painful MC on 27th Novemver which continued into the next day. I passed the sac and continued to bleed for another week. When I phoned my local EPAU they told me to take painkillers for the pain and to take a pregnancy test in 2 weeks. Zero aftercare. I waited anyways and took a test - positive. I called the EPU and they said to wait another week - positive.
They finally agreed to scan me on Monday this week...nearly 5 weeks after I oroginally miscarried and they found a 6mm piece of tissue with a high blood supply. They said this could be either retained product or an artero-venous malfunction (which, after reading up on it seems quite terrifying) so instead of an ERPC they took my bloods. Turns out I have levels of 113 still in my system, they want me to go back next week for another blood test to see of they are decreasing.
I suppose I want some advice on whether they should really be doing more about the retained product. Surely that's the reason why my levels are decreasing so slowly?
I'm really at my wits end now and it's really starting to affect me mentally. This was my first pregnancy and I just want to draw a line under it now.
Sorry for the long post!!!
Oh you poor thing. Miscarriages are body awful enough without the trauma of waiting around. Mine was prolonged and after a few weeks, I did manage to push them into giving me an erpc because I needed it to be over. Unfortunately they don't always take your emotional state into account and just assume that the risk of surgery isn't worth it. Can you poor up a fight and demand an erpc? I had to really argue to get to see a doctor and the doctor was happy to arrange the erpc, but the staff in the epu had obviously been told to do everything they can to convince everyone to wait, irrespective of how long that night be.
Well, I had more blood results today and my levels have dropped from 113 to 103 in two days, so while it's not a massive decrease its nice to know they are actually decreasing.
I have to call the EPU back tomorrow at 11 as they have a plan in place for me apparently but they need me to speak to the doctor!
Hopefully I'm getting somewhere now!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.