Talk

Advanced search

Hormone Levels

(5 Posts)
teeniedeenie34 Mon 29-Dec-14 12:08:11

Wondering if anyone has had similar experience after their miscarriage... I started bleeding fairly heavily and steadily on evening of 15th Dec and actually miscarried all day on the 19th Dec. Since then the bleeding is mainly brown when I wipe and spotting on pads. Definitely getting lighter as the days go on. I was told by EPU to take another pregnancy test this morning to check my hormone levels had dropped but the test is still coming up positive... How long does it normally take? Could it be my levels are just taking a while to drop? I was 11+5 when I started to miscarry.

bakingtins Mon 29-Dec-14 14:00:48

Hi teenie sorry to hear about your loss. I've had 4 MC at 9-10 weeks and it has taken more than a fortnight each time to test negative ( +ve at 2 weeks and -ve by 3) so it doesn't sound worrying. I'd test again in a week and contact your EPU if it's still positive at that stage.

teeniedeenie34 Mon 29-Dec-14 15:39:06

Hi baking, thanks for you reply and I'm so sorry to hear of your mc's. EPU got back to me this afternoon and want to scan me to make sure there is nothing left as I had a natural miscarriage, problem is I'm off to Dublin at 6am tomorrow morning for New Year so it will now be 5th Jan before they check me over. I've to take another test on the morning of the 5th before my scan so really hoping hormones have dropped by then. I know they just want to check me over to be sure, but I really just want this to be over so I can start to heal.

slightlyconfused85 Mon 29-Dec-14 15:43:14

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I miscarried earlier at 6 weeks but it took 10 days before a negative test so if yours took even longer than that it wouldn't be unusual I wouldn't have thought. Sending hugs

teeniedeenie34 Mon 29-Dec-14 15:54:45

Thanks slightly, that was also my thinking but just wanted to check what others had experienced and timescales. Also, sorry to hear of your mc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now